You can type here any text you want

Chip W/Timing Knob?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
I seem to recall someone making a chip with a box that mounted to the side of inst cluster. Had a knob to set timing. Anyone have any info on this?:confused:

Thats an older ATR EMC-10 I believe. You could asjust tmiing a few degrees either way.

Jay carter did something like this, but it was based on boost and automagic. A Kind of boost retard deal

You can add Ramchargers Timing Translator setup to most any chip, I believe, and have additional timing control.

$180.

Just in case you didn't know about that option.

Translator

That would be the maf translator? I was looking for tuning "on the fly" if it was still around. Had thought about that and LT-1 maf.
I'm gonna spray a 50-75 shot of NOS and was wanting to be able to retard timing without getting out(lazy!).

I would think you would need an automatic KR controlled retard scheme in the chip itself to do that.

Timing translator is just the timing adjustment part of the T+ setup doesn't have anything to do with upgrading the MAF stuff.

Just a timing controller for the car.

Shouldn't be called timing translator now that I think about it... ;)

Same type box as the T+ but only has timing controls no fueling or translating ability for the MAF.

Ramchargers should have the infor. on it on their site by now. :D

If not turbo Bob Bailey builds it I believe and you should find some info. on that box with a search.

I bought one for the GN since I will simply be running a street chip with alky. and when I hit the track I may want to try 2-4* timing either way, that device works well for that.

If youre going to run nitrous, the variable timing stuff really is the best way to go. You can still have aggressive bottom end and midrange and get back in the safe area when you hit the button.

Re: Translator

Originally posted by ITSAV6
That would be the maf translator? I was looking for tuning "on the fly" if it was still around. Had thought about that and LT-1 maf.
I'm gonna spray a 50-75 shot of NOS and was wanting to be able to retard timing without getting out(lazy!).

I think they call it the Spark Translator. It only does timing, and normally is inside the car (connects to ecm harness like the Bst*C). It has a trigger activated setting so that one can retard spark automatically when the NOS is triggered.

I do not see it on Ramcharger's site, but there should be some posts on here and I would imagine that Kevin or Dave would email you softcopies of the docs.

Tom

Back