You can type here any text you want

Choices Choices...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beecha91

Hey guys,

I cant figure out what to do. I just aquired my Gn a lil while ago. Im a complete rookie when it comes to these cars. I came from a supercharged 5.0 stang to this car. I would like the setup in my Gn to run low 11's. I have these ported irons with bigger valves with matching ported intake, that I am thinking about selling to get other things I think I need first for the car before I go tearing into the motor soo soon. I definitly need a stall, looking at a 9/11 3500. Also need a bigger intercooler. I am looking at a stretch 15 row stock location intercooler. So if I sold those heads and intake, along with my tax return coming I could get the intercooler and stall righ away. Or should I just put keep the heads and intake, and get the stall for now, and in a bit get the better intercooler. Well let me know what would work out better for my needs. Any thoughts would be great, Thanx guys!!

Don-
:cool:

Probably would go faster with heads and intake than with just the intercooler.

I have a nice duttweiler neck stocker for sale for a measly $195 shipped.

I'd use that and the heads and intake myself. ;)

Not biased at all either. :D

Another vote for keeping the heads and intake. With a new TC, and a Duttweiler neck on the stock IC, you should be able to get close to your goals.

with the right boost/tune, and converter id say you could probably hit low 11s now. warning: may require elevated octane levels

Guys will argue back and forth about wether or not you need head work to run fast. The one thing every one will probably agree on is that you dont have to push it as hard to go fast if you open up the heads.
Now I'm personally in the progress of trying to go fast w/o getting into the motor. One thing me and some of my other buddies have noticed is that a set of stock head gaskets that have been on the motor since day one seem to take alot of abuse. I feel that trying to go fast w/o heads/cam and such kind of forces you to pay attention to the details. Like getting good 60' times, tunning, shift points ect. Thats why you see a bunch of "10 second cars" running mid 11's. It takes more than speed parts to go fast.
I say KEEP the heads and intake, and set them aside for now. Put those on when you finally pop a head gasket or when you get tired of messing around with the unported ones. Use Tax $$'s and pick up a stretch IC. Learn to make the car ET good and then go from there.

HTH: Jason

Originally posted by salvageV6
Probably would go faster with heads and intake than with just the intercooler.

I have a nice duttweiler neck stocker for sale for a measly $195 shipped.

I'd use that and the heads and intake myself. ;)

Not biased at all either. :D

Ya, just noticed I forgot to put I already have a bigger necked stock intercooler. Thanx guys guess Ill keep the heads and intake.

Don

Ive got a powerstoke ic with 3 in piping,hoses,and clamps for sale for $375 shipped.PM me if your interested.Thanks

Drew

No pix.I bought it from Razor off the board and the piping from Quickturbosix,all boxed up and ready to go.On JBannings web site there are plenty of pics and install instructions. Reds Hot Air has run 10.40s at 133 on this ic and JBanning has run 10.90s on this ic.Its HUUUUGE.

PM me you # and we might be able to work something out on $$$ plus trade on your big neck ic as I need one for the GN I just bought.

Back