You can type here any text you want

Chris Chow Gets Some Press

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
As you guys know Chris ran a 7.97 @ 175 to become the first Stock Suspension G-Body in the 7s.

I am working with a couple vendors to recongnize this accomplishment.
So far Precision Turbo and Motec and posted on their web sites.
I would like to thank Don @ Precision for all his help and Shane at Motec for helping spread the word.

www.precisionturbo.net

www.motec.com/home.htm

We are also expecting Wolfe Racecraft and Neal Chance Racing Converters to follow suite after PRI.

We are looking forward to much better times in 2006.

Intercooler said:
What's a stock suspension?

Control arms that mount in the stock mounting holes in the chassis and rear end.
No ladder bar or after market 4 link. Chris's Car has the full original frame with just a notch for the tires in the rear. This does not suggest GM factory stock control arms. They don't work well with over 1800HP on tap.

Does that mean you can still have a Wolfe bar, coil-overs, bags or adjustable components?

My definition is different then. Stock is stock. Factory pieces.

That's cruising!

Didn't that motor in his car go 6's already in a truck?

Intercooler said:
My definition is different then. Stock is stock. Factory pieces.

That's cruising!

Didn't that motor in his car go 6's already in a truck?

Really IMO the better way of stating it so you stay out of this confusion is stock style suspension or stock type suspension that way people that aren't in the know won't necessarily take it to mean factory pieces..

Yes he bought the motor from Bob Rieger who had previously had it in his Chevy S10 at the time...

Intercooler,

Yes this motor has gone 6s in a 600Lbs lighter truck with a foot more of contact patch. I am not going to get drawn into a debate over Street Car Racing Semantics. I can tell you this almost all the sanctioning bodies and aftermarket manufacturers have the same definition as I.

I am tired and grumpy and I need to go to bed.
We have to get up early to cook the 22# Bird =)

Steve,

The rear of the car is all Stock Location and Stock Type Products.
Wolfe Uppers and Lowers connected to the stock mounting holes.
Stock replacement springs and stock location single adjustable shocks.
It does have a weld in Wolfe Sway Bar.
I am not sure of many 7 or 8 second cars using factory stock rear suspension pieces. :eek:

Hey John we better get them to change the tss class because I dont think a all stock gn can run in the tens.Congrats on the run run that is awsome.

malibuick231 said:
Hey John we better get them to change the tss class because I dont think a all stock gn can run in the tens.Congrats on the run run that is awsome.

Thanks for your support! :biggrin:

Back