You can type here any text you want

Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
Ran into one of these at the local hangout for all the racers near here. I normally dont get out that way too often, so I figured what the heck. Everyone started showing up around 10 or so. They all wanted me to run a turboed 240SX, which I didnt have a problem with; but it didnt happen. There was a little of everything there. SRT-4 Neons, STi's, turbo Hondas, and others. My two cousins even showed up from across the river too. He was driving his ProCharged 5.0. Havent seen them in a while.

Anyway, people are getting runs off and Im just hanging out. My car will run 12.8-12.9 as it sits on the Radial T/As. My cousion ran a LT-1 Trans Am and took him by a carlength. He's only running 8psi with no intercooler. So I see this Chrysler 300 pull in, after I missed the Lightning and SRT-8 Charger leave.:( Got to talking and we went out to the road. We went from a 30 roll, and I brakeboosted it to 3-4psi and let it rip. Had the owner of the LT1 T/A in the car with me, and the other guy had a passenger too. As soon as the 61 came up, the car got sideways, all the while pulling on the 300. I shut it down about a car ahead of him. Then we went again and he got me by a few lenghts. I didnt boost it and he jumped a little. Gotta love the 6.1 low end.

Not a bad night, and he was a real cool dude. He said it only had a tune and a t-stat, and ran a 12.6@111 on the factory tires. Im surprised I took the first run.

I did let my cousin Jen drive the GN too. I didnt have my camera so no pics... Sorry guys. She did okay, but thought she broke it when the boost came up. Gotta love the BuickGN intake kit!!:D

There are usually 20-30 cars there most nights. One healthy sounding 04 GTO came in too, but it got parked for the night...:(

Many more likely to come.

You can get 'em. Though, you run radial t/a's?? Why? Do you run a boost controller?

The Radial T/As replaced the bald MTs that wouldnt go through inspection. They are gonna go back on however. I am running a HD actuator and a RJC boost controller.

Back