You can type here any text you want

Clarion PRO AUDIO DPH7500z

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robzombie

I have this unit and was wondering if it is only compatible with clarion units??

I've been out of car audio for a long time and was wondering if this is a good unit or should I just sell it.

I have 3 of the damn things new in box. A 7500z a dph910 and a dvh 920. From what I can gather, they only work with the old drx series with the SQUARE ce-net bus output. This would be radios that are 6575Z and higher. The older ones where the second digit is a 1 through 4 have round ce net plugs and they use a different processor( got one of those too!). So you need a radio with the second digit as a 5 or 6 and the first digit has to be a 6 or above to be a high enough model radio to have ce net (pro audio). Clear as mud? Then get on ebay and buy a 6575Z or higher. I have a 6675 and a 7575 here, i plan to use one in my dd. I've heard rumors of standalone controllers for th but never found one if you find one let minnow! Cause these radios actually kinda suck IMO.

I have 3 of the damn things new in box. A 7500z a dph910 and a dvh 920. From what I can gather, they only work with the old drx series with the SQUARE ce-net bus output. This would be radios that are 6575Z and higher. The older ones where the second digit is a 1 through 4 have round ce net plugs and they use a different processor( got one of those too!). So you need a radio with the second digit as a 5 or 6 and the first digit has to be a 6 or above to be a high enough model radio to have ce net (pro audio). Clear as mud? Then get on ebay and buy a 6575Z or higher. I have a 6675 and a 7575 here, i plan to use one in my dd. I've heard rumors of standalone controllers for th but never found one if you find one let minnow! Cause these radios actually kinda suck IMO.

Damn!!! Thanks for the edgeumucation.

I don't believe I'll be buying a clarion head unit so I guess I'll put this unit on fleabay and see what I can get for it.

I've read they are good units and were like 400+ bucks new so I'll put it up for a couple hundred and see where it goes.

Wish I could use it because the reviews I've read say it is a good unit.

Thanks again, Robzombie

Ive seen used ones with buy it now under 100 sit there and rot on eBay. They are decent units but you have to control them with crappy units lol. Hide a CD player somewhere in the car and don't run the audio through it lol. It'd bring more with a 75 dollar head unit that works to sell them as a pair. No one wants to track down compatible stuff

I'd probably sell all three of mine and both radios for 200 bucks and buy a standalone processor with the money

Gee, thanks for taking the wind out of my sails.

I guess I'm stuck with it as I wouldn't let it go for 75 bucks.

Maybe I'll buy a head unit that's compatible and put it in my boat.

Nothing like rocking out while fishing or water skiing.

I'm just being realistic with you. By all means try it on eBay and if it sells good I will sell you three more! But the reason I still have them is the same reason as you. If they aren't worth much might as well keep em.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394234391.683658.jpg

6575 and a 7575. Left one needs a new face ribbon installed which I have but haven't done yet. Right one is going in my t type with one of those processors.

Is it worth keeping and buying a head unit? Is the sound that much better or should I just install the pioneer DEH-77dph [which I have NIB also] with an amp and new speakers??

No different than any other processor with a 7 band eq. If you aren't good with an eq then it's useless.

Kinda like asking if Xfi is better than a stock Ecm with a translator. If you can run the Xfi and are at a point where it's needed then yes. If you got a nearly stock car then no

I'm gonna sell it then, because I'm not into car audio like I was in the 90's.

I just want a simple decent sounding system.

Back