You can type here any text you want

Clean engine oil in tail pipes. Is it the turbo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HouTX87

At first I thought it was typical condensation but I've definitely got oil in the tail pipe tips. Engine runs fine, plugs are dry and all look identical. Oil level is down 1/2 quart after just a few hundred miles. I've installed a new delco pcv and an rjc pcv inline. At first I thought this would cure it since I could blow through the old pcv but it seems I still have a problem. I've pulled the up pipe off the throttle body and it is clean and dry. I have not yet pulled the down pipe to inspect the exhaust side of the turbo. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. The I got the turbo used from a friend, low mileage on the turbo but it is about ten years old. I've had it on the car for about 6 months with no issues. The oil drain line is new with a constant downward angle to be sure it drains properly. Does it sound like I have a leaking seal in the turbo?

IMG_20130714_164910_0.jpg

The sure fire way is the DP. My original barely leaked but it was still cooking in the DP. If its clean I doubt it made its way through the intake.

Back