Cleaning IC

T

TTA_R&R

I have 73,000 miles on my TTA. Would you recommend cleaning the Intercooler out? I have heard that it is usless. What kind of changes would I see?

Thanks

Ooooopsss... useless huh?

By now your IC is so full of **** that the air hardly can find a clear way thrugh the cells!

My strongest rec. is to do this every year.

Good luck and regards from Sweden!

What kind of gains would I get? I have never had a turbo go bad so there should not be oil in there should there?

Cleaning it out can't hurt. If there is oil and debris in there, you are not using your intercooler to its full potential. The gains you will get are cooler air, that = more hp, if there is crap in there. Get a few cans of oxygen sensor safe carb cleaner and pull the intercooler off, its only a few bolts and clamps.
~Murt
TTA #750

I have heard that it is usless

Ouch..who fed you that line of BS.......

If you believe that..sell the car and get a mustang.

Go to GNTTYPE.org and search spring cleaning.

R&R

If you take a look at the valvecover breather on the drivers side, follow the pipe from the breather and you find it connected to your turbo just before the compressor house...... it´s not nescessary to have a bad turbo to get oil in the IC, it comes from the valvecover breather.

even a perfectly good turbo will get oil residue after that many miles.

and air filters dont stop everything

I started to clean my IC and that black powercoating is coming off. I assumed it is for heat protection; right? anyway, i hope it's nothing bad.

My Supra TT's IC is doesn't have any powercoat just bare material.

Thanks for any input.