You can type here any text you want

cleaning injectors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rugby

What would he a good chemical to run through the injectors to clean them? I am thinking about tying into where the fuel pressure gauge hooks to the fuel rail and run some type of chemicals through it.

Would seafoam be a good choice or something else? We use to use a whynns products when I was at the dealer.

The correct way to clean them is to have them flow tested, cleaned, and the wear items replaced.
You may get away w/ the on-car flush. May not. All that does is wash the dirt in the rails, tops of injs, into the filter baskets. What doesn't dissolve, is still clogging the basket.

I ended up using a bottle of Techron from the parts house. It work. The car idles a lot smoother than before. This stuff is not meant to run the car on. I had to mix it with a little gas for it to at least stay running enough to get through the bottle of stuff. I have done some online looking at the different kinds of fuel cleaners. Some are just top end cleaners and not a souvant for removing varnish. The Techron uses PEA cleaning agent. I will be upgrading injectors at some point in the near future and could net see spending the money to get the old ones cleaned.

• PIB removes water from system and keeps new deposits from forming. Does not remove existing deposits.
  • PIBA cleans the fuel system and removes any existing deposits. Requires less frequent applications than PIB cleaners.
  • PEA is the strongest cleaning agent available in fuel additives. It is more effective than both PIB and PIBA.

Back