You can type here any text you want

clip install on wheel cylinders

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo85

I cannot seem to install the spring clip that came with the new wheel cylinders. Can someone give me a helping hand? Do you need a special tool or what. Thanks,

I always bend the clips a little so they are a little more curved they go in easier and then use a small blade screwdriver to tap them in.

Problem solved. Get a socket, I believe 1 1/8" that will fit over cylinder and on the clip. You a hammer and tap it on. Only issue, get someone to help hold the cylinder as you smack the socket !!! Have fun!

P.S. you just saved yourself hours and useless stress. Bad thing is that, job gets done quickly giving you less time to drink beer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

With the wheel cylinder in place put something in between the cylinder and the axle flange to force it in place. Then use a small screwdriver and a hammer to drive the clip in place. I hate doing them so much I converted to rear disc.:D

These are a PITA, but the methods described work well. The second time you do it, it will be easier. Just did mine about 2 or 3 months ago.

one of the most curse heavy jobs ....lol...fukn genious who designed that and never had to change one out...lol

They do sell a tool at auto zone to remove and install them. I put a small hamer handle between cylinder and axle flange and then I have a 1 3/4 exhaust pipe cut on an angle and tap it in with that. After you do hundred of them they are easy. If you get one side of the clip in the other side will pop right in with screwdriver and small hammer

I use a hole saw the same size as the clip, and then put a c-clamp around the wheel cylinder and hole saw and turn the c clamp until the clip is on.

This method works very, very good.

Great idea. I will try to remember this for next time if there is one!

I know this is an older thread. It helped me tremendously. Especially what Silver Fox suggested. But ultimately I think Charlie has the best idea. I see rear disc in my future.
Thanks for the great ideas.

Back