Clock stays on when the car is off???

TFISH

My clock on the factory radio stays on when the car is off. The problem with this condition is that the LED from the clock will drain the battery if the car sits for 3-days.
I pulled the radio out last night and all the connections in back look like nobody has ever touched this thing in 15 years.

I want to know how make the clock LED shut off when the car is shut off. (I'm tired of pulling the 20 amp fuse all the time)

If anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate a response.

Thanks

You have 2 possible problems.........

1). If the wiring on the back of head unit has never been touched then it sounds like it is an internal problem that has to be either repaired or replaced.

2). Also check to see if you have voltage on the switched 12 volts wire (accessory) with the key off because that could be in the ignition switch. The clock should only come on when it is in the "accessory" or "ignition on" position. If it does not have voltage with the key off or out then the problem is internal

Another possibility is that the volume knob has been "tweaked". On the factory radio if you push the volume knob in the clock will come on for a few seconds. If the knob has been knocked it might not be coming back out.....it moves in very little when you click the clock on.

John

I've seen this before, if the car was ever HOT Shotted aka charged on 12V highboost it can fry a diode in the radio, hence the clock staying on. I guess it's the sudden voltage spike that does it? I would say it needs repaired, or replaced if it's a UM6 just grab another one at a local yard out of a Buick Century for $20 If it's a UX1 good luck !