You can type here any text you want

co-worker pays

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nicey623

How fast.... V6 fast
When I first got my in May, I brought it to work the next day. MY co-worker comes & looks & says he'll race for a $100. Now Nick is one of those there yip-yapers, so I told him that I'm going to beat him. He has a 1999 Regal supercharged, nice car but it was bone stock. I told him I would rather just take the money instead of waste my gas but he insisted. Go to a stoplight & he starts reving I just sit there, light goes green he spins & gets about 1/4 car length then I spool up & take off, it was over before it started. The next light I asked him where he went, he made up the excuse he was looking at his radio, so I say lets go again. He starts to spool up. Last time I just went from a dead start but this time I launched about 1 psi. He didn't have a chance. He asked me what I was pulling in the quarter, told him don't know haven't had it to the track. He paid me & everyone at work loved it, he mentioned he was going to get an exhaust system that would give him 40hp I just shrugged my shoulders & said I'll take your money anytime...... He won't race me anymore. Guess I'll have to pay for the car the old fashion way.:cool:

Taking his money was like taking it from a baby but I tried to warn him, he didn't take heed to the warning

You have a combo almost like mine.I have had it to 11.69 in the 1/4 and was running out of injector,TE63 just too much for the 50s.

Originally posted by nicey623
When I first got my in May, I brought it to work the next day. MY co-worker comes & looks & says he'll race for a $100. Now Nick is one of those there yip-yapers, so I told him that I'm going to beat him. He has a 1999 Regal supercharged, nice car but it was bone stock. I told him I would rather just take the money instead of waste my gas but he insisted. Go to a stoplight & he starts reving I just sit there, light goes green he spins & gets about 1/4 car length then I spool up & take off, it was over before it started. The next light I asked him where he went, he made up the excuse he was looking at his radio, so I say lets go again. He starts to spool up. Last time I just went from a dead start but this time I launched about 1 psi. He didn't have a chance. He asked me what I was pulling in the quarter, told him don't know haven't had it to the track. He paid me & everyone at work loved it, he mentioned he was going to get an exhaust system that would give him 40hp I just shrugged my shoulders & said I'll take your money anytime...... He won't race me anymore. Guess I'll have to pay for the car the old fashion way.:cool:

You should have raised the bar to 200, since he was so confident.
Charles

Screw all that,

GO FOR PAYCHECKS!! Granted, if he's in the mailing room or something then it won't be as much, but the embarassment factor would be nasty.

he is a end of the line packer so his check isn't very much & I would feel bad to take someoness entire paycheck...... but if he is blabbing then I probably should have to prove a point but oh well

I have one of those supercharged Regals (an '01).

I would never be silly enough to try a TR/GN. My old one (a '98) went 15.0 @ 93-ish bone stock, and 14.28 @ 96-ish with a smaller blower pulley, exhaust, intake work, sticky tires. Obviously no match for a 'properly' running stock GN/TR, not to mention a modded one.

Kris

Isn't that always how they talk AFTERWARDS? I wont even fake a smile when they get into that crap. You lost, dude...sure, as soon as I weld a space shuttle to the roof of the car, it'll go to the moon.

As soon as I this...
As soon as I that...

If I were you I would have told him, 'As soon as you quit yer yappin' and give me my f**ckin' money I'll stop thinkin' about slappin' you.'

Good kill, man.

I did tell him that if he kept talking like a b@#!h I would slap him like one. He paid me & shut up :D

Back