You can type here any text you want

Co-worker with Maxima wants to race

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Little6pack

Co-worker saw my video of my limited running a 12.6 at dragstrip & said he could beat it with his 2001 maxima. (talkin Trash)

How much of a handicap shall I give him :biggrin:

I told him the best I have seen stock Maximas run are high 15's to 17's

Sounds like I should race him in my Maxima :biggrin: People who have never gone down the strip really got no idea how fast or slow a car really is. To him his car probably feels really fast, just like those fart pipe boys think their cars do. Then their jaws drop when we pass them like they are standing still.

Pronto said:
People who have never gone down the strip really got no idea how fast or slow a car really is. To him his car probably feels really fast, just like those fart pipe boys think their cars do. Then their jaws drop when we pass them like they are standing still.

ditto

I agree with Gary, go show him who really has the power!
A stock Maxima I could probably outrun (from 0-55) with my Jeep.

Pronto said:
People who have never gone down the strip really got no idea how fast or slow a car really is. To him his car probably feels really fast, just like those fart pipe boys think their cars do. Then their jaws drop when we pass them like they are standing still.

I agree

Just to have some fun give him three links and the "move" and then post the kill story for all to enjoy!!!! :eek:

Race at half throttle and you will still have him beat. The 265 HP models didnt come out until 2003.

Jason

You'll Kill'em from a Dig

But I am sure you know of course not to run him on the Freeway at around 70, they will move then, but even then you might put some lengths, but after our top end goes out....... you know the rest.

Race him for titles! You need a new daily driver. :p

henschman said:
i can't believe nobody else has seen the easy money making opportunity here! :cool:

Man I was thinking the exact same thing.

I'd bet him as much as he feels comfortable losing, and then sit heads up with him. Show him exactly how fast a 12 second car is in comparison with his maxima. And don't let off till your past a 1/4 mile either or he'll probably pull the "I was catching you on the top end, lucky we stopped after a 1/4 mile" excuse that I've heard from countless ricers. So now I stay in it and let them know they haven't a chance in hell.

I wouldn't even set him out three unless he's scared, and it sounds like he thinks he really has something for you.

Those nissian people think just because their car/truck has some nice throttle responce, they can beat anything. Just run the guy for 20.00 bux but barely beat him. That way he'll think he's got a chance in the rematch. I wouldn't just all out beat him/her either, this is bad for business in some cases. People start talking and find out how bad you beat someone and then the money runs start to disapear.

Scott Long said:
Man I was thinking the exact same thing.

I'd bet him as much as he feels comfortable losing, and then sit heads up with him. Show him exactly how fast a 12 second car is in comparison with his maxima. And don't let off till your past a 1/4 mile either or he'll probably pull the "I was catching you on the top end, lucky we stopped after a 1/4 mile" excuse that I've heard from countless ricers. So now I stay in it and let them know they haven't a chance in hell.

I wouldn't even set him out three unless he's scared, and it sounds like he thinks he really has something for you.

I agree 100%

this guy probably wont want to bet, just sounds like a **** talker. If you want to keep hearing **** talk, sand bag on him that way he will say that he really did keep up regardless of what happens next. Don't give him the opportunity. Just annihilate him as many times as he has excuses for, and yeah, stay in it for a good ways past 1/4 to really hammer it home.

EGOKILR said:
But I am sure you know of course not to run him on the Freeway at around 70, they will move then, but even then you might put some lengths, but after our top end goes out....... you know the rest.
Your'e kidding right?

where are your balls?
race him heads up with no boost and then talk smack about it.

6 VS 6
both are very heavy.

darkred87T said:
Your'e kidding right?
What part do you think I am kidding about, most of the people out here are doing 70 + in all lanes,so that is when it jumps off sometimes. I have been in Maximas and the top end isnt slow. My buddy just test drove a new one with 20's on it. and said it was fast and he has been in my car. I hope I am not coming off like a Di- K, just was not sure what you thought I was kidding about. You may have a 10 sec car, so to you it would sound like a joke, but some people only have stock TB with a few upgrades, so it could be close if they were to suddenly meet on the freeway is all I was saying. But from a Dig, He would kill em. I hope that clears it up. :cool:

I'm just surprised because the top end in my car seems pretty strong even compared to the LS1 Fbodies Iv'e owned and drivin. I wouldn't have thought a Maxima would be able to keep up with a car of that caliber but I don't really know for sure because Iv'e never been in one.
BTW,I wish I had a 10 second car. I only ran a 12.4 once with the Regal and I'm not sure if that was just a fluke, lol, though it should be able to run mid to low 12's consistantly. I'll found out the next time I get to the track.

Back