You can type here any text you want

Co-worker with Maxima wants to race

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Your sig looks like you have some goodies

Did you have slicks when went to the track? That is still good, but if you had slicks, boxed control arms lower and maybe air bags, your 60 foot would be nice and launch real nice with some boost. Good luck at the track, I cant wait till I can get to the track, just finishing up the vacuum conversion and about 40 percent complete witth progressive alky, then its on. We only have a 1/8 mile track were the Chargers play, your not required to have a roll bar. This is to get the young kids racing there and not on the street, but I can figure my quarter mile time with the 1/8th. Then I will go to the 1/4 mile track and hopefully get kicked off for not having a roll bar. Goal is High 10's, even 10.999999 would be nice, I just added the extra 9's just showing how that is all I want :eek:
Then I will get used to it and want to go faster, it will never stop I dont think.

You can Sleep on them if you want to.

Try running a new one. And when you do please post up here and let us know.

at best, a new maxi will run a low 14. that's with a manual and the vq35 motor. that is at the lower end of what stock regals run in good shape if i'm not mistaken.

i say barely beat him the first time, and then let him run for double or nothing and take even more money.

EGOKILR said:
Did you have slicks when went to the track? That is still good, but if you had slicks, boxed control arms lower and maybe air bags, your 60 foot would be nice and launch real nice with some boost. Good luck at the track, I cant wait till I can get to the track, just finishing up the vacuum conversion and about 40 percent complete witth progressive alky, then its on. We only have a 1/8 mile track were the Chargers play, your not required to have a roll bar. This is to get the young kids racing there and not on the street, but I can figure my quarter mile time with the 1/8th. Then I will go to the 1/4 mile track and hopefully get kicked off for not having a roll bar. Goal is High 10's, even 10.999999 would be nice, I just added the extra 9's just showing how that is all I want :eek:
Then I will get used to it and want to go faster, it will never stop I dont think.
With that run, I had my Mickey Thompson DR's on and I got a 1.6 second 60' time. Trap speed was 106. I have stock lower control arms but I plan on getting boxed soon. Next time out there I'm gonna run 93 octane with the alky. I usually post my results on this thread:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156451&highlight=gt3255

I offered to even pay Mr Maxima's entrance fee.
He has since backed out since another co-work told him I would cream him.

Oh well it sounded good..

I will stick to the mustang boys which there are plenty at New england dragway to toast :) It is funny when you are on the return road to the pits they hang far back when a GRAMPY 6 seater SEDAN with coulmn shift beats them.
Hey do you guys think I will go faster if I turn the AC off :eek:

Too bad, that would have been fun to watch!

96 Maxima

I have a buddy of mine that has a 96 Max running 13.0 on 17" tires.I will ask him for his time slip. But he is running it at 12lbs with alky. Not saying that he will take us in the 1/4 but I dont want to run him top end. 140 and the car still want to pull. Its scary.

tell him there is a neon that you know of that he might be able to hang with after you beat him LOL then I can get a chunk of the profit :P

he is on the neon forums all the time. "that white Maxima" none of the SRT's in Miami want to play with him. LOL

ty1435_4.3 said:
he is on the neon forums all the time. "that white Maxima" none of the SRT's in Miami want to play with him. LOL
I dont play well with others.. I just want to slap him around a bit :P

Back