Code 43 (ESC) and get only 7psi

shasta

finally got time to tune up and work on the car, i did a tune up; (plugs, oil & filter change, cleaned out intercooler, rad flush, fuel filter, set IAC and TPS, etc. etc.)

then I install a VDO boost gauge and a knock sensor and took it out for a spin

cars spools up slow then boost goes up to only 7psi and levels off and the knock gauge lit up like a X-mas tree, also got code 43

so i cleared the computer of all codes and went back and re-set IAC and TPS, lowered boost a few turns, and took it back out for a spin and still could only manage 7psi, the knock gauge did not register any knock this time, but i still get code 43

i cant find any obvious vac leaks, MAF tested fine as did coil pack and wires, cars idles relatively fine about 550-575rpm in park, TPS is .43 @ idle and .48 @ WOT, oil pressure and water temp are fine, oil looks good and no bubbles in radiator so i dont think a blown headgasket is the cause

so what is causing my code 43?????? and why am i only getting 7psi of boost?????? What am i not thinking of, what else am i missing, what else can I check?

my mods are:
TA 49, 36lb bluetop injectors, 160 therm, 10mm magnecore wires, tranny cooler, K&N filter, valve cover breathers (pass & dr side), poston headers, engine tiedown, solid mass air pipe, 93 chip everything else stock

Are you SURE your TPS is .48 at WOT???? Maybe you meant 4.8???

If it's .48 at WOT you've found your problem.

There is a yellow and black wire running from the center terminal of the esc module to terminal B7 on the ecm.

If this wire does not supply more than six volts to the ecm, the ecm will take up to 20 degs of timing out and the car will run very sluggishly.

First step is to go to the ecm and check the voltage at B7 to see if it is more than 6 with the engine idling. If it does, then the problem is most likely in the connector to the ecm or in the ecm.

If it does not, then the problem is most likely in the wire or the esc module.

my mistake meant to say WOT = 4.8 not .48

and ign module was tested when i tested coil pack and its ok

ill check the yellow/black wire tonight