You can type here any text you want

Code 51

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Other then the chip going bad, what else would cause the SES to throw a code 51? What would cause the chip to all of the sudden take a crap? I'm driving home last night and the SES flickers but goes out....drive some more it goes on a little longer then goes out.... just about to the driveway it goes on and stays on...all the while the motor is barely able to stay running:confused: When it was flickering the motor would stumble then come alive, when the light was out it was running fine....suggestions?

Dirty/damaged electrical/electronic connections or perhaps static electricity. Get some PCB-safe circuit board cleaner and clean the chip and the socket. Make sure the pins are in correctly and there is no corrosion. Did you mess with the chip recently?

Dirty/damaged electrical/electronic connections or perhaps static electricity. Get some PCB-safe circuit board cleaner and clean the chip and the socket. Make sure the pins are in correctly and there is no corrosion. Did you mess with the chip recently?

Havn't touched the chip in months...it was fine up until last night. I wonder if the ECM is taking a crap?

Well I would still take a look.

My friends TR was sitting for just a bit when I asked if I could borrow his chip for comparison testing. I found half the chip and socket was covered in that salty, crumbly buildup like you get when you leave batteries in a flashlight too long.

Back