You can type here any text you want

Cold Air Intake Temp Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnbob86

Was interested in knowing any advantages/disadvantages of repositioning the air temp sensor down under the bumper using Casper's extension or keeping it close to the MAF like it was with the shorty setup. Any input would be appreciated. Looked for this in the search and couldnt come up with any answer to this question. Thanks!

This is what I have read in the past, and this is for stock ecm/MAF:
The temp sensor is used to correct the MAF reading when ambient temps are high or low. If you have the factory MAF, then it is best to position the sensor as close to the MAF as possible.

Was interested in knowing any advantages/disadvantages of repositioning the air temp sensor down under the bumper using Casper's extension or keeping it close to the MAF like it was with the shorty setup. Any input would be appreciated. Looked for this in the search and couldnt come up with any answer to this question. Thanks!

Thanks for the info! Saves me a little money!

It depends on;
1 - What you are trying to measure
2 - What ECM/Chip you are running.

I have mine in back of the upper plenum, that way the ecu knows exactly what the intake temps are. FWIW I have XFI.

Back