You can type here any text you want

Column Shift linkage

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

edfiero1

On my new T-Type, the column shift gear selector feels real sloppy. I have a new, rebuilt steering column, and that did not help the problem. So now I am guessing the slop must be where the linkage rod attaches to the steering column.

Does anyone have a Photo or better, a parts explosion diagram to show what this should look like?? I am thinking I must be missing a bushing. I have the rod going thru the column, held in with just a washer and a cotter pin. Its a pretty loose fit. Seems like if there was a bushing here, that would tighten it up a lot.

Thanks

Hope this help, and if not post again

Thanks GNONYX, that is exactly what I am looking for, except I have a Regal, with a COLUMN shift, not a floor shifter. Any chance you have same for the column shift. I'm looking to see the shift linkage attachment to the steering column.

Thanks GNONYX, that is exactly what I am looking for, except I have a Regal, with a COLUMN shift, not a floor shifter. Any chance you have same for the column shift. I'm looking to see the shift linkage attachment to the steering column.

Doesn't make any difference. Floor uses the column link as a lockout. The column shifter is the same way.

What chuck said... The only difference if you have your PRND21 display on the column. Floor shifters have the display on the console.

The rod, neutral safety switch, and steering lock are all the same on both.

Odds are you're missing the flange spacer, so when you repair it, an adjustment of the park lock and reverse lights might be in order.

Back