Cometic mls

chasmat2316

can anyone tell which way the raised boss on the center layer should go - raised boss up to the head or down facing the block? or does it not matter?

I am not sure on how this gasket should be install. i am really not a fan for MLS (multi-layer-gaskets). I do know you should spray the top,bottom and inner/between the layer gasket with PERMATEX HALMAR. this suff should alway be used with matel-gasket or copper.

If the engine should see KR (knock) most of the time a MLS gasket will not give. so why spend $200.00 on a bullit-proof head gasket to loose a head/piston/cyl walls or burn a bigger hole in your pocket($$$)?.

I use the stock fel-pro gasket. If you tuning is on the money. it`s hard to loose a head gasket. If your going 10`s or better use the SCE copper gasket. Under hi boost and hi-temp the heads will want to lift/walk , with a MLS gasket, its alot easier of 6000+psi to leak between the metal layer gasket. Good luck with a machine shop perfectly mill heads. In the turbo world, you can get lost with this two-face (n/a and boost)motor. You might what to use ARP heads stud with 12 point nuts (don`t forget to apply the moly grease to the nut threaded section(top) and apply permatex hi-temp teflon paste when install into block/deck). hope this help.