You can type here any text you want

Cometic oil pan part #?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I went to Cometic's web site and didn't see an application for the 231ci motor. What I did find was a part number for the Buick V6, this being C5700-094...is this the correct gasket # for out cars?
I missed getting a hold of someone by 15 minutes...and no weekend hours:mad: Anyone else know of a vendor that sells a good cork oil pan gasket? I need it ASAP! MY DAMN PAN IS STILL LEAKING, even with a new FP gasketon there. I thought for sure it was 100% oil free...guess not:( If this new cork gasket doesn't get'er done, I have no idea what will???

Sounds like my experience with the pan gasket. The second time I used 3M weatherstrip adhesive to hold the gasket to the pan. After it set up I was able to install the pan without the gasket slipping around. After a year I havent seen a drop of oil.

duttwiler sells the best cork pan gasket. its thicker than most. i have used them for yrs.

I got one on the way from John Pearcy...thanks for the help fellas! If this doesn't stop the oil leak, then I have know idea what to look at next. Just seems so odd to me that nothing leaks a drop in the garage at idle, or when I have the motor wrapped to 5000 rpm in park....only when running down the road at ~10psi of boost or more??? It's almost like the crankcase is pressurizing and oil is being blown out at any possible leak point. I have a 1 way check valve in line at the PCV and breathers on both valve covers....hell, not a drop of oil out either one of those and the seal around the PCV is dry??? Any other opinions?

Back