You can type here any text you want

Commander Chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

InHock

I installed a LS1 maf and translator in my car and have drove it about 60 miles and now the car has a rough idle and sounds as if it is missing. I pulled the computer and the chip reads command or commander on it, has anyone heard of the chip? My question is since I installed those things do I also need to install a different chip now, or is that my problem?

simple

I would start with the simplest things first - spark plugs,wires etc..

Disregard my post...I thought you meant after you installed the MAF and translator, you got the bad idle.

I installed a LS1 maf and translator in my car and have drove it about 60 miles and now the car has a rough idle and sounds as if it is missing. I pulled the computer and the chip reads command or commander on it, has anyone heard of the chip? My question is since I installed those things do I also need to install a different chip now, or is that my problem?

What are your translator settings? And why are you running a Commander chip? It's designed to be run in a car with the stock maf.
You should be running an Extender chip with your combination.

I have just started buying parts for the car. My next purchase is a set of champion heads,cam,intercooler and converter and then order chip when I install all of that. I just opened up the computer after I started having this problem and wondered if that could be it? I drove the car this afternoon and the miss comes and goes,sometimes it will backfire,sometimes it will run fine. It only ran once real good and then when I came back down to an idle it started again. Could the cam sensor moved some to cause this? Thanks

what are the setting in the translator?

what makes you think the cam sensor may have moved? Because a flaky cam sensor will cause many driveability issues.

Are there any troublecodes in the ECM?

What is your fuel pressure reading?

Did it start to run badly after a full-throttle run? It could be a blown-off or leaky intercooler hose, or the hose on the top of the fuel pressure regulator.

Is the oil still clean? Any odd smells or smoke? (head gasket question)

Bob

TurboBob I have had trouble with the cam sensor before and it wouldnt run, it was just a thought,no trouble codes from the ecm, oil is ok, not a head gasket,dont know what fuel pressure is[no guage] and i cannot seem to get the cover off of the translator. I have tryed but I am afraid it is going to break. I installed my old maf [it was a good one] and it did not solve my motor missing on one or two cylinders. I did disconnect the battery before I installed and then I drove it for a while,no change. I did notice my boost gage was fluttering the whole time I was driving it and it would backfire under accelleration. I did put in another coil pack to and that did not change anything.I had drove it for about 45 miles and it was fine and was driving in highway traffic [normal] and it starting missing. I made it home and have been trying to figure out what is wrong since. Thanks

Back