You can type here any text you want

complete stage 2 price

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by njturbo
$3500.00 for a used block:confused: :confused: you better keep searching:eek:

that was block crank and rods... which is in the ballpark for good stuff.

I was figuring a grand for a block, $1500 for a crank, and $500 for rods. So really more like $3,000...don't know what happened to my math.

Then again, you do wind up spending more than you realize. If it's spread out over a couple of years, it doesn't hurt as much...and the wife doesn't notice as much, either. :D

Don't let TA Performance see this thread.

So you're saying for $80 K or so I can put together a TR with a stage 2, with a diesel towing rig and a nice, enclosed trailer? For hobby racing?

Hey, I think I'll just order a NOS kit for my Monaro...

:D

Who needs a trailer and a truck to tow it. If you plan on just building it to run on the track that is:( i plan to drive mine on the street with low boost. Get to the track and turn up the wick:D

I see on e-bay there is 1 on-center and 1 4.1.:)

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Don't let TA Performance see this thread.

So you're saying for $80 K or so I can put together a TR with a stage 2, with a diesel towing rig and a nice, enclosed trailer? For hobby racing?

Hey, I think I'll just order a NOS kit for my Monaro...

:D

You bring up a good point. It seems like whenever somebody asks the "how much for a S2?" question, the responses quickly veer to items needed for an all-out race car. My car is street-strip. Not a daily driver by any means, but most of the time it's a 9:1, tractable, smooth, cool-running car. I could use it to commute if I had to. Almost drove it to work this morning, but it was foggy/misty and thought better of it. Maybe tomorrow.

A lot of us know guys with S2 or S1 blocked engines that'll drive them 4+ hours to Vegas or Bakersfield for a race weekend. Granted they don't run 8's or even low 9's, but high 9's and 10's are not unheard of.

Now, my goals aren't to run 7's or 8's, but simply :D a 9.99 on an occasional basis. I'll keep you posted.

Originally posted by njturbo
Who needs a trailer and a truck to tow it.

I do and so do a lot of others. When I go to the track, it's to beat the living snot out of my car, and sometimes bones get broken. To each his own. ;)

Art

its not that i can't drive it to the track, just don't like the fact of being stranded, paying a storage fee, paying a high tow fee, mooching a trailer, being late for work etc. Been to the track too many times, babied the car for fear of breakage and no ride home, and its the last thing i wanna do with a wife and kid in tow at the track.

What's another 2 grand for an open trailer in a stage project??? 10%??

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
its not that i can't drive it to the track, just don't like the fact of being stranded, paying a storage fee, paying a high tow fee, mooching a trailer, being late for work etc. Been to the track too many times, babied the car for fear of breakage and no ride home, and its the last thing i wanna do with a wife and kid in tow at the track.

What's another 2 grand for an open trailer in a stage project??? 10%??

More money Sigh.......:(

Back