You can type here any text you want

composite gear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bad V6

I'm in the process of putting together a new engine with a Weber billet roller camshaft. I'm curious as to how the Turbo Buick V6 Composite Distributor Gear is holding up? Anyone had any issues with this mod, or should I look for a different solution to avoid the wear on the cam sensor?

Don't need the composite gear

I'm in the process of putting together a new engine with a Weber billet roller camshaft. I'm curious as to how the Turbo Buick V6 Composite Distributor Gear is holding up? Anyone had any issues with this mod, or should I look for a different solution to avoid the wear on the cam sensor?

Shoot earl on the two gears where they mate. Weber may be doing this already. Ask them. I have a billet roller and stock gears with 0 wear going on 5 years. Wore 3 sets out before solving the problem.

I guess that I may have overlooked telling you. They'll be installing a 218/212 billet roller.

I just talked to Bryan, he instructed me to verify that the gear on the cam sensor must be in good condition or it would need to be replaced. Also, they are performing an oiling mod in the front of the block to provide adequate oil for the gears and timing chain.

So what's the build look like?

So far this is what the build consists of:

NOS 109 SG1 block
RJC girdle
forged 3.625 stroke crank
Eagle 5.967 rods
Diamond pistons w/ file fit rings
NOS front cover
neutral balanced balancer and flywheel
Weber 218/212 billet roller
Morel roller lifters
ported/polished big valve 8445 heads
Harland Sharp 1.65 roller rockers
ARP head studs
Cometic headgaskets
ported/polished stock intake
62mm throttle body

Trying to get a good base to build onto. What do you think about it?

Back