computer relocation

S

SLOS-10

I was looking at some kick panels for the GN and the guy at the stereo shop told me I would need to move my computer somewhere else for the kick panel to work..is this true??if so where the hale can I put it?

Audiowizard put his behind the glove box (i heard him mention something about having to modify the glovebox for it to work, i think). I put mine on the floorboard/firewall. I wouldn't recommend putting it there, its in the way and doesn't look good. You could extend all the wires and just mount it under the pass seat. I would think that would be the best option.

I was just considering this option the other day in an effort to move my mid bass speakers.

Audiowizard - Do you have any pics? They would be much appreciated. Did you have to extend the harness at all?

You can move it no problem, but I would avoid extending the wires. Some of the wires are resistance dependant...lenghthening them could have some negative effects. Get creative...if the harness will reach, you can put it where you want...just make sure to avoid moisture/wire.

Originally posted by PRSRIZD_V6
Audiowizard - Do you have any pics? They would be much appreciated. Did you have to extend the harness at all?

I did that for a customer of mine a few years ago on his GN but regretfully I didnt take any pics. I just moved it up in the dash behind glove box when I installed his kick panel pods.

Move the ECU? why?

I have done a set in my car where i moved the ecu (because the drivers were so big) but i did a kick set with a vifa 5" in a camino and left the ecu in factory location, just slide out the kick and theres the ecu.

I can get pictures.

Evan

ps.. mine IS in the glove box... well i got lazy and its on the floor but soon the glove box. .My heater controls are in there too :)