You can type here any text you want

Computer tt chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Loswages05

Is there any reason why my old Kennie Bell Chip and my Armstrong chip works in my car but I put a old turbo tweet chip and then I ordered a brand-new turbo to chip the ECM keeps flashing?

This might be what you are experiencing ,
Turn the key on. The “Service Engine Soon” light should come on, blink once and stay on. If, after
installing the new chip and turning the key on, the “Service Engine Soon” light flashes on and off
rapidly, do not start the car. Try to re-insert the chip, checking for bent pins. Also, check the ECM
chip socket for any pins that are bent in too far, possibly making poor contact with the chip. The
ECM socket pins can be carefully bent back out with a pin or needle. If the SES light still flashes,
then the chip may be defective, or damaged during shipment, and will need to be replaced.
Some post offices are using X-ray equipment that has damaged chips in the past.

This might be what you are experiencing ,
Turn the key on. The “Service Engine Soon” light should come on, blink once and stay on. If, after
installing the new chip and turning the key on, the “Service Engine Soon” light flashes on and off
rapidly, do not start the car. Try to re-insert the chip, checking for bent pins. Also, check the ECM
chip socket for any pins that are bent in too far, possibly making poor contact with the chip. The
ECM socket pins can be carefully bent back out with a pin or needle. If the SES light still flashes,
then the chip may be defective, or damaged during shipment, and will need to be replaced.
Some post offices are using X-ray equipment that has damaged chips in the past.
Did all that just with tt chip it keeps flashing think maybe my ECM might be flashed or something

At this point try another ecm then you know for sure

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Does the rapid flashing occur with just the TT chip, or with all of them?

Make sure you try re-tensioning all the tabs in the ECM socket. Sometimes older chips have conformed to the socket over the years, and new chips might have issues.
ECMsocket.jpg

Eric

Gentlemen, I have experienced a similar problem: Changed chips and immediately started car and it was running horrible then noticed the dim steady flashing SES light. Returned to 1st chip and light still flashed car running not as bad but not right! Then I put in my spare ECM with the 1st chip and seems OK .
Did i screw up in my order of things or did the ecm react badly to 2nd chip or??

Please advise this inexperienced tuner, your advice and tips are appreciated!!:(

Your computer may have not seated the chip like the pic above that Eric posted , as long as you unplugged the wire at battery before changing the chip you probably did not do nothing wrong

Gentlemen, I have experienced a similar problem: Changed chips and immediately started car and it was running horrible then noticed the dim steady flashing SES light. Returned to 1st chip and light still flashed car running not as bad but not right! Then I put in my spare ECM with the 1st chip and seems OK .
Did i screw up in my order of things or did the ecm react badly to 2nd chip or??

Please advise this inexperienced tuner, your advice and tips are appreciated!!:(

Did you do what eric just said? He's the turbotweak guy...I'd listen to him before anyone...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry I didn't see the replies. I found the problem I guess I was pushing the chip into hard in the ECM but to me then so that hard lol by the way Eric to chip made my Car run really good. Thx you

Back