You can type here any text you want

Concert sound question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

flbuick

What is the difference in the concert sound option? Obviously, the head unit is different but are there individual amps that I need to consider when upgrading?
Thanks

I don't think there are any added amps either but I do recall when I took mine apart to upgrade the whole system that the dash speakers and the door speakers were wired together in parallel through a connector behind the dash.

So make sure you consider that when upgrading either the speakers or head unit. If you are doing both, then likely not a worry if you are wiring them all separately.

So what are your plans???

Plans? I have several options. I have two CD head units from 02 & 05 Chevy that I have seen others on the board use. I have a flip screen CD/DVD player that I removed from my Silverado when I purchased it and I have a Pioneer CD head unit I could use.
I didn't even consider the stock 02 GM head unit until I saw it on the board. I like it! The sound from those are good and I won't spend alot of time listening to the stereo. I like to wooosssshhhh sound too much:D Just looking for something basic.
My daughter is an associate at Best Buy so I have a connection for other options.

The Concert Sound option was 6 speakers instead of 4.

Had nothing to do with the head unit selection.

Wired as Real-T explained.

Back