You can type here any text you want

Confused

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wc351

Ok, let me start off on the fact that none of the chips mentioned in my last post are being used. Also thanks to all those that responed. I was working on my 87 changing the fuel filter, wires, plugs, and coil pack, as well as putting in a new fuel pump, car had been sitting and through trial and error replaced these things. I also added over 6 gallons of fresh 93 octane gas. When I tried to start it, it would rev to 2k rpm and shut off, like I turned the switch off. If I fluttered the gas pedal I could keep it running. Then I got the bright idea to remove the chip while running, it instantly cleared up?!:confused: I drove it around my neighborhood to see what happened, ran ok but very lean! When I reinstalled the chip while running it was like a new car all over again. The chip that worked back in the car was a Kenne Bell #9006, I also think that this is a newer aftermarket computer. The man I got the car from had 3 computers with 3 different cips in them as well as the 3 loose chips mentioned earlier. Why and how did it run without the chip?????? Any tips before I get a new chip, to make sure eveything else is right. The service book from GM is very hard to understand quickly. Please help. Thanks..

Will

Will,

I think without a chip, the car is able to run in a open loop style of a mode with base figures that are in the other chip in your ECM. Quite possibly why the car ran better is becouse you have some dirty contacts where the chip plugs in at. Or maybe just clearing your computer helped it as well.

Kenne Bell chips are old school, and way outdated. A local buddy of mine has a stocker limited, that had a KB chip in it and just did not run well. He ordered and installed a Eris Marshal (TurboTweak.com) chip and the car smoothed out and ran beautiful. You can't beat his chips. I would highly reccommend him, as will most every member on this board. If you are stock, just let him know and he can dial a program in for you that will surely satisfy you. He will ask you your turbo, injectors, intercooler, what boost you intend to go to, if you are running alcohol, and another question or two and get you set up.

Good luck and welcome to the TB board...

Mike

I second that. Turbotweak all the way. His chips are the standard of our industry in my opinion. Plus he has his own forum for customer service.:)

X3 For Eric Great Chip Ordering Was Easy And It Woke My Car Right Up And Cleaned Up Some False Knock I Had But I Also Replaced Injectors At The Same Time

Back