Converter Comparison

1QUIK6

Lots of talk about different converters, As far as the best lockup converter for the money what is the choice converter. (art carr,vigilante, 9x11)? Any suggestions?

Among those you mentioned, a "Best for the money" type comparison wouldn't be totally valid. Since those three have a pretty wide price swing, and all are designed for something slightly different in mind. Even among the 9/11 converters there's a pretty wide disparity in price and quality.
You have to decide first on what you want the converter to accomplish in your specific realm.

1. Is it a daily driver, that may or may not see occasional track use, and lockup at WOT?

2. Does it do double duty, equally split between street and race, and definately does WOT lockups?

3. Is it primarilly a race piece, and also you want the WOT lockup at the track?

Number 1, a stock or 9/11 will fit the bill.
Number 2, you're going to need something in a very high quality 9/11 or a good multi-disc locker like vigilante.
Number3, definately a Vigilante candidate.

Note: the above are my opinions, and not based on scientific fact, and therefore are open to flaming ;)

FLAME!!!!!! LOLOLOL :)

Look like all valid points to me. Every combo is different.
Also service is important...

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

(I dont get the 9x11 quality level thing tho.... all MY 9x11's have the same high quality in every one. There are no different levels and there is one price)

Is the only difference between the 9X11 and say the sinle disc lockup from Vigilante the- Price? Are they both very good quality converters? I've heard that the 9X11 converter technology has been around a long time.

Originally posted by WE4
FLAME!!!!!! LOLOLOL :)

Look like all valid points to me. Every combo is different.
Also service is important...

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

(I dont get the 9x11 quality level thing tho.... all MY 9x11's have the same high quality in every one. There are no different levels and there is one price)

Bruce,
What I meant by that is simply.... You're not the only one selling 9/11's. I know the high quality stuff you sell, it's not in question. BUT, there are other 9/11's out there in the world that aren't built to the same quality standards that yours are. They use a stock clutch, etc. :mad:

Kenne Bell was cut off and Rich Gomez tried But We ( My partner in this) wouldn't give up the parts anymore. To the best of my knowledge WE are the only ones producing and When the patent clears, definitly will be. Now the 30 spline version , (700) Is widely available and Brian Hartmen in Colorado is selling to the SyTy guys. Works well in those apps too..But again I think the only real source is us.

Bruce, I'm curious about this, as I used a 9-11 in my Syclone, from TCS in Arizona, which is Hartman's source. From what I knew, *they* were the source of the converters, and were the source for KB's as well.

Is this the same type of converter you sell? Are you the ones making them for TCS, or vice versa? I don't care who makes 'em, but I'd like to get one of the same type of 9-11s for my TTA in the future, and I was happy with the performance of it in my Syclone. 11.0s, locking up every run, never missed a beat.

Thanks
Brian Green
89 TTA

Originally posted by Red Canyonero
Bruce, I'm curious about this, as I used a 9-11 in my Syclone, from TCS in Arizona, which is Hartman's source. From what I knew, *they* were the source of the converters, and were the source for KB's as well.

Is this the same type of converter you sell? Are you the ones making them for TCS, or vice versa? I don't care who makes 'em, but I'd like to get one of the same type of 9-11s for my TTA in the future, and I was happy with the performance of it in my Syclone. 11.0s, locking up every run, never missed a beat.

Thanks
Brian Green
89 TTA

Yes, Rusty (TCS) and I work together. He produces for us , and very nice I might add. And yes that is hartmens source. I have the right thru Rusty now. And KB is out.

Bruce
WE4

Thanks for the response Bruce.

Can you give me a price (or estimate) for the 9-11 through you?

Anyone out there interested in an AC 9" non lockup? ;)

Brian Green
89 TTA

Originally posted by Red Canyonero
Thanks for the response Bruce.

Can you give me a price (or estimate) for the 9-11 through you?

Anyone out there interested in an AC 9" non lockup? ;)

Brian Green
89 TTA

Please email me privatly as we do not quote prices in the forum.
Thanks for understanding.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com