You can type here any text you want

Converter Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
Getting ready to get the transmission rebuilt in my car and I was wondering if a converter would really help. The car is stock and I do drag race it but its not a race car. It has valve springs TT chip and no cat, adj. wastegate rod and AFPR. Would a bigger converter be worth it or is the stock one good enough?

Well, you could get a nice 2800-3000 stall that would work fine and let you upgrade turbo's later.
As far as any benefit with a stock set up....sure. Bring boost up sooner at the line. A more stout unit is never a bad idea or a waste.

my $.02

Well, you could get a nice 2800-3000 stall that would work fine and let you upgrade turbo's later.
As far as any benefit with a stock set up....sure. Bring boost up sooner at the line. A more stout unit is never a bad idea or a waste.

my $.02
i agree

lol.. what can i say.. i used to be a mustang guy...

Attachments

• p7.jpg
    p7.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 83
  • paceTRS.jpg
    paceTRS.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 76
That's what I have. Good, not great. A 10" may be a better option - easier on the ol' tranny.

It's an upgrade from the D5 for sure, but in retrospect I should have gone with a West Coast unit.

At least that's what Phil keeps telling me.:biggrin:

Back