You can type here any text you want

cooling fan problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I prefer the PowerLogger due to it's data logging abilities. The only downfall is that you must use a laptop computer. I cannot speak for the Scanmaster, I've only used the Direct Scan and Power Logger. The EGT and AF gauge do have a function, but it is not what you need. ScanMaster or PowerLogger is what you need to help tune your car.

Do yourself a favor and don't adjust anything until you have a scan gauge of some sort to let you know what is going on inside your engine. If things aren't right, you can and WILL seriously damage your engine.

is there a brand or should i search power logger, or do you have a good website to order from. also what do you think of the tt chip sold on cottons performance? is this the same as t tweak? there is not as much info needed to order. dont think any of my chips are newer than 8-10 yrs. i was looking at my turbo and removed the actuator arm from waste gate. the wastegate moves easily at 6 and 9, and when i pull on the acutuator there seems to be no leaks. i cannot understand why i cannot get more than 10 lbs. the gauge flutters between 10-20, like it is trying to boost but bleeding off. i know i should not try to over boost until i know wht engine is doing. i would at least like to run 15 lbs. it is a cruiser to me and i do not rag on the car. just would like to have it if i need it. i have some exhaust leaks. if a accelerate hard i can feel some heat at my legs. nothing hot and when i reach down i cannot find a hot spot anywhere. could it be that the exhaust is leaking and i am losing boost through the exhaust leaks? not a cat issue i am open pipe. here are some pics of my set up. it had a alky system removed. i guess that is what the plug under the dash is for. too many questions, sorry. thanks again.

Attachments

• P4100024.jpg
    P4100024.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 124
  • P4100025.jpg
    P4100025.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 127
  • P5090056.jpg
    P5090056.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 123
  • P5090057.jpg
    P5090057.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 119
  • P5090058.jpg
    P5090058.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 122
a few more pics.

Attachments

• P5090067.jpg
    P5090067.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 121
  • P5090068.jpg
    P5090068.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 122
  • P5090039.jpg
    P5090039.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 130
  • P5090040.jpg
    P5090040.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 116
  • P5090041.jpg
    P5090041.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 113
Nice looking car !!!!

If you have exhaust leaks, that will effect your ability to make boost.It would be a REALLY good idea if you can find a board member that is close to drop by and take a look at what you've got.

I do see a couple of things that I am not familiar with....there is something on top of your engine with a blue AN fitting, not sure what that is. There's a lot of stray wiring under hood that needs addressing. That port under the dash is the ALDL port. That is the factory diagnostic port.

Here is a website that will tell you everything you EVER wanted to know about these cars: Vortex Buicks Spend a couple of days digesting the info there.

This is one of many good vendors that you can buy Buick parts.
FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Turbo Buick Power Logger Scan Tool

Nice looking car !!!!

I do see a couple of things that I am not familiar with....there is something on top of your engine with a blue AN fitting, not sure what that is. There's a lot of stray wiring under hood that needs addressing. That port under the dash is the ALDL port. That is the factory diagnostic port.

That looks like what they used to sell 18 years or so ago that they called the 7th injector,i've never seen one just pictures in some of the vendor catalogs long ago.

weird, i have previous reciept for removal of burned wires and alky system. there are a couple of loose wires under hood that have somewhat melted. however there is no evidence of fire damage that i can see. hood liner is original and in decent shape. will get close ups of loose wires and post.

Back