You can type here any text you want

Cork oil pan bolt torque?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eric Stauch

Nasty87
I am building a fresh motor with a cork oil pan gasket, just wondering what the bolt torque should be. thanks!

Wrist tight. Then go back and tighten them up again after heat cycles. You can torque em. But you'll have to do it again, and good luck swing a torque wrench between the crossmember.

One of the best things I did by accident was use one of those flexable extentions in 1/4" drive. It will allow you to tighten it up until the spring section of the extention twists. You can't over tighten it then. Started doing this with tranny gaskest and I have yet to cut a gasket now.

I did mine at 88 inch lbs, just like GM calls for.

I haven't had a leak yet.

Nonetheless, if you get under there and retorque them you will see that cork gaskets will settle about every time. For me at least.

Nonetheless, if you get under there and retorque them you will see that cork gaskets will settle about every time. For me at least.

I couldn't imagine trying to get my inch pound wrench under the car to retorque :)

I would hope the cork swells enough to keep the pan from leaking.

Back