You can type here any text you want

cost of going stage II

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

denn454

turbo swimmer
i'm to the point where i need to either sell my car and start over fresh (most likely) or build up a new engine. If i do a new engine i want to do it right, i dont' have any intentions on running 10's but i would like to have a strong engine, rather than a big turbo to make a little weak engine run good. so i was thinking about building up a stage 2 block with some good heads, get around 200-250hp on the engine alone, then get by with only 10# of boost. should run god and last a long time.

I know it won't be a cheap thing to do especially with a good set of heads. but i think it would work out better than building up a stock block. so without all the high end parts i'm sure most f you guys are using how much could i build a mild stage motor for, ball park numbers.

So let me get this straight.... You have no intentions of running 10's (so that would make me ASSume you'd be happy in the 11's), but you think you need to build a Stage motor to do it reliably:confused:

Man, you must really think these stock block motors are weak:eek:

Also, 10#'s of boost:confused: :confused: :confused:

denn454

Stage 2 motor $15K. :eek: :eek: A good stout 109 motor could run mid to high 10's for many years if your tune is correct. I believe if you want to run faster than mid 10's and keep motor together then you need a stage 2 motor. It all depends on your wallet.:D

you can run mid 11's all day long on a 109 block without much stress....particularly with good heads

ther is no point in building a Stage II and running 10 lbs boost....just a good way to throw away $15-20K and be frustrated:)

thats a lot more than i expected. i was figuring a few thousand. i just wanted something that could run good with very little effort, and do it with no reliability issues. I was thinking of a daily driver actually. i just still have the no replacement for displacement thought. and if you do something, do it right the first time.

maybe i was just thinking over kill, i don't know. guess its not something for me. thanks!

Originally posted by denn454
thats a lot more than i expected. i was figuring a few thousand. i just wanted something that could run good with very little effort, and do it with no reliability issues. I was thinking of a daily driver actually. i just still have the no replacement for displacement thought. and if you do something, do it right the first time.

maybe i was just thinking over kill, i don't know. guess its not something for me. thanks!

A few thousand!!! :eek: You'll pay that for a bare block, and three to four times that for the matching SII parts to go into it.

Originally posted by 49-blues
NJTurbo- Does it come with pistons? Is it complete?

I can and will sell you block, crank, pistons, intake, pan ETC. Just get someone like Bill Anderson to assemble and run 9's all day. :D

OR if you want a proven product, you can buy Billy Andersons old motor...

276 stage 2 off center .020 Ross pistons,3.625 Moldex billet crank,carillo rods,twin turbo drains on the oil pan ,solid roller cam,H&E stage 2 heads,Atr single turbo headers new ported,sfi balancer and j/wsfi wheel,metziere electric polished water pump ,carburated intake converted to efi poder coated gray with new 90mm accufab throttle 90 degree plenum,this motor is fresh and has run low 8s in a 3400lb buick with twin turbos, $ 15,000 for the motor complete .:cool:

Back