Couldn't believe my eyes....

Black Box

Out cruisin'.
I thought I'd seen it all. Then this.

Got back from a trip to Russia last week. Spent some time in Moscow. Quite an incredible city, and obviously very wealthy. Walking down the street on the way to New Arbat, I saw Ferarri's, Maserati's, Porsches, top-of-the-like Benz's, and no less than four Bentley Continental GT's driving down the streets. By the way, Russians are insane drivers, but it's just the way they do it.

Anyway, I'm walking around the Exhibition of Achievements of the National Economy of the U.S.S.R. (or VDHKh in Russian), and what do I see parked on the side of one of the pavillions....(see attached photo).

Thought I could get away from them. Too bad I didn't have the GN. :biggrin:

Steve

Attachments

• DSC02666 Resize.JPG
    DSC02666 Resize.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 358
corsair231 said:
Of course they have rice. Russia is in Asia isn't it? :rolleyes:

Because the cars are manufactured in Asia doesn't mean that that is where the 'rice thing' started. I'm not a rice-ologist, but I'd be willing to bet that the act of modifying a vehicle in a manner that we consider 'ricey' originated in the U.S.

Jim

corsair231 said:
Of course they have rice. Russia is in Asia isn't it? :rolleyes:

If you'd been there, and had a feel for how European Moscow is, as opposed to being Asian, you'd appreciate the humor.

And if you want to get technical about it, Moscow is actually in Europe. Everything west of the urals is. Even east of the urals, slavic people are of european descendency.

And yeah, I have a russian friend that lives in omsk. She sends me links to these crazy russian street racing/drifting websites. I think its pretty much like here except they seem to get away with way more outlandish stunts.

Its neat how he modified the license plate to fit in the smaller american style plate holder, simply ingenious!