You can type here any text you want

couple of tenths with bolt-ons?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rtviper

If I am running 10.01 at 134 with 21 lbs boost and want to stay at the same boost, could I pick up a couple of tenths with these changes? I am using a modified stock t/b and a champion ported intake with hemco plenum. I have on hand a 70mm t/b and a BGC intake. Is there a chance that the addition of the 70mm t/b and bgc intake would pick up some hp using the same boost. I am using fast so I can retune if necessary. Is it one of those situations where you have to make the change and see if there is an improvement? The BGC doesnt look like its polished inside. I want to launch at the same boost, run the same AFR etc Thanks

Is there any reason as to why you don't want to turn up the boost a couple pounds? That turbo has not even begun to work at that boost level. You should pick up with the new mods and some good tuning. But if you wanted a high 9 sec timeslip at that level get a 70GTQ turbo because its more efficient at that boost level then your current turbo, and its already gone 9.20's on Dave Bamfords TSM car.

Way cheaper to give it 2-3 more pounds of boost and retune than to change intake manifolds
you MAY find more power losing the hemco plenum and goin to a precision

I dont have a problem with turning up the boost but I have the BGC manifold and a new 70mm T/B and was curious if it had a performance advantage over the modded stock T/B and the Champion ported stocker. I thought if the swap accomplished the 9 sec run then I wouldnt need the extra boost and could use parts I have had sitting for a while. If the new parts did offer an advantage then when I do turn up the boost I will have an even larger gain in power. I really dont want to go through the hassle of getting an nhra license just to be able to run a 9 sec time on a regular basis but would like to run as quick as possible with as little boost Thanks for the input

rtviper said:
I dont have a problem with turning up the boost but I have the BGC manifold and a new 70mm T/B and was curious if it had a performance advantage over the modded stock T/B and the Champion ported stocker. I thought if the swap accomplished the 9 sec run then I wouldnt need the extra boost and could use parts I have had sitting for a while. If the new parts did offer an advantage then when I do turn up the boost I will have an even larger gain in power. I really dont want to go through the hassle of getting an nhra license just to be able to run a 9 sec time on a regular basis but would like to run as quick as possible with as little boost Thanks for the input

I don't see how the champion ported stocker is better than the bgc. That just doesn't make any sense to me but what do I know? I would leave what you have on there, kick the boost and timing up a bit and see what happens. The license thing isn't too bad, plus they mail you cool stuff. :D

Back