You can type here any text you want

crank & cam specs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

I ran 10.40's with my stk block- I pulled it out and ordered T/A's new stage block 6 months ago. Stage motors are a new breed for me. Providing that new block comes in- ( I was told July, then Dec and now Jan/Feb)- Can you recomend crank & cam specs I should consider? Im looking to keep the car streetable/showable and run mid to HI 9's.. The blocks going to set me back $$- so Im having to look for used internals- crank/ rods etc. Also- Im "considering" using my stk GN1 heads-good idea?? Thanks for any thoughts on this. Larry

From what i have heard, TA will not only be suppling a block as a replacement for the S2 blocks, they will be suppling cranks, heads, pistons, ETC. You may want to wait a little as there is also talk of being able to buy a complete long block. If this is the case i would see a savings advantage. Just what i heard. :)

yes, ive been told by Tom at T/a- and the crank would be about 3 g's--- with his heads also would be knocking down 10g's- parts alone! With two girls going to college over the next two years {$$$}- you might be reading about me in the papers-- "LArry found in ditch, his car sold for parts ---police looking for his wife"!!! So, gotta research some used stuff if pratical.. Larry::D

Originally posted by Larry
yes, ive been told by Tom at T/a- and the crank would be about 3 g's--- with his heads also would be knocking down 10g's- parts alone! With two girls going to college over the next two years {$$$}- you might be reading about me in the papers-- "LArry found in ditch, his car sold for parts ---police looking for his wife"!!! So, gotta research some used stuff if pratical.. Larry::D
Larry,
If you are planning to build a Stage motor from parts, even used ones where available, you should plan on spending more than 10K.

Originally posted by njturbo
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872528642&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:MT:1

Click link, scrap the TA project as i am sure you will have to use their crank, heads, intake ETC. I could see these pieces well in the 15k north area to complete. Above is a real good deal and a great start. Reserve price is $6500.00:)
I think that's an Indy crank. I don't have the Power Source book in front of me but I think the longer stroke crank typically used in drag racing is 3.625. If correct you'd probably have to twist this motor pretty high to get the HP from it. The rest of it looks pretty good.

That's not an Indy crank. The 3.59 and 3.625 cranks were used by Busch and ASA teams depending on bore size to stay below the displacement limit...the 3.59 stroke results in only 2 or 3 ci less than the 3.625 stroke. The Indy cranks were typically 3.06 or even 2.xx, depending on bore size.

That's Scott Porter (STP)b's motor, by the way...should be a good deal for whoever gets it.

It's actually a 3.50 stroke...the ad was a misprint...Still not indy stuff though. Probably ASA stuff...

Thanks for all the comments- all helps me out. I am looking to go Off Center though.. I need to use some of my exsisting parts..If I might- in a nut shell- what s the difference between ASA parts and INDY... Thanks Larry

Originally posted by KendallF
That's not an Indy crank. The 3.59 and 3.625 cranks were used by Busch and ASA teams depending on bore size to stay below the displacement limit...the 3.59 stroke results in only 2 or 3 ci less than the 3.625 stroke. The Indy cranks were typically 3.06 or even 2.xx, depending on bore size.

That's Scott Porter (STP)b's motor, by the way...should be a good deal for whoever gets it.
Thanks Kendall,

I didn't realize the Indy cranks were that short, wow half inch or more.

Thanks for the info!

Back