You can type here any text you want

Cranking and afterstart question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rickerbucks

Can someone please guide me here.

When I turn the car over it fires quite nicely. It will then immediately stumble to low rpms - about 500. Hunt around for a while and then slowly rebuild and settle into idle. IfI try to pull away whilst it is hunting, it will stall. It can then be difficult to start requiring holding my foot to the floor.

I suspect therefore that I have the start conditions too rich. Any idea which curve I need to bring down? The cranking fuek curve or the after-start curves. I have only tried to change the "after-start versus temp curve". I have not touched the "decay" or the other table.

Thanks

Shaun

Sorry if you've said this before somewhere else, but have you set your idle setscrew (on your throttle body) so that the IAC is barely open (10 - 15) when warm?

If it is flooded out like you suggest (i.e. holding your foot to the floor to put it in clear-flood mode), then it could be either warm-up enrichment, after-start enrichment or a combination. Depends on the engine temperatures when this happens.

-Bob C.

Back