You can type here any text you want

crappy idle while wrming up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbojohnny

Yes new to the whole torbo thing.
The car will not drive until warm any suggestions?
can i clean the intake or somthing or could it be an idle control module?

test

for a start put on vacoom gage and see what it is at idle and report.

+

you're on the right page = start counting and report your code here ..

Have you tried giving it a tune-up? if your unsure from a previous owner up-keep, add New sparkplugs an wires,fuel filter,an a O2 sensor,maybe a fuel injector flushing if it's high milage car.

Enjoy!

the previous owner did say he tuned it recent but who knows the wires do look new but i was going to put new plugs and gas filter in it and some techtron fuel cleaner to start. i also bought the bypass kit for the passenger breather tube

Great idea on the breather,After you do that,remove the intercooler an flush it,It has oil in it i bet,Try to clean out from the turbo out-let the the intake,you'll see the oily goo...

Enjoy!

This could very well be the chip.

Alot of the older chips suck on start up and until the engine gets warm they will run pig rich, tip in stumble, etc.

Whos chip do you have?

"""does this mean i need an egr valve. """

No --it means that there is an issue with that circuit but it could be the egr valve. look for bad vacoom hose and make sure that the egr is seated properly and finally look for a bad (burnt or open) wire or plug ..

not sure what chip as far as the egr it's getting vacume seating good and the hoses are fine do i change it anyway?

+

if you have checked all of the above I would say change it and report back ..:biggrin:

Back