You can type here any text you want

Crossovers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JFH

Hi
Going to install my new system this week, have a questions on crossovers. Since I really don't know much except changing speaker for speaker. I'm putting MB DSD213 component set in doors and RF FRC 2669 6x9 in the rear deck.
The MB came with a crossover. Also the amp has a built in crossover in it Lanzar Vibrant 415 4x75w RMS. Is the crossover for the MB just so the tweeter doesn't play the lows? Also where is a good place to put this crossover?
I've attached a picture of the amp back, could you give me a starting point for the settings on it

Thanks alot
John Hordych

Attachments

• vibe415a.jpg
    vibe415a.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 70
I assume MB means MB Quarts. If so, I m sure the crossover does more than attenuate low freqs on the tweeters. MB quart crossovers are known to be very good. Chances are the crossover not only attenuates the lows for the tweeters but also attenuates the highs for the mids. They also usually have Zobel impedance correction which many other manufacturers crossovers don't. I never liked putting the crossovers in the doors because of water leakage from the window (especially in American cars). You should put the crossovers as close to the speakers as you can. But also keep in mind that the inducators used to make the crossovers pick up EMR (noise) very easily. If it were me, I'd put both crossovers up front on the passenger side. The drivers side as way to many high current wires with EMR all over them. Wherever you put them if you hear any alternator whine try moving the crossovers a little.

GNandTTA is right on the x-overs picking up noise induction. I have both of my a/d/s component x-overs hidden in dash with no motor noise at all but I was prepared to move them just in case I had any problems. I would have mounted them in the doors but dirt and moisture would damage them so the dash was the best place for the x-over.

Back