You can type here any text you want

Crotch Rocket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I eat Z06

Last night I was on my way home with some buddies and this black and silver Suzuki bike comes up next to me. Were all lookin at it and he is looking back. My buddies are with me on the "dont race a bike you will be owned motto" so I dont. But this guy keeps eggin me on, so I figure what the hay, Im gonna loose, but I will let him have fun. So I hop on it with him at my front tire and he is barely pulling away, I mean maybee 1-3mph faster than me. Then we go again and I jump first (I know its cheating, but he is on a dam bike) and it takes him some time to catch up to me. Then he gets just ahead of me and slows the pull on me. We had to turn off and waived, he did also. Both of these were from a 35mph roll. One of my buddies said it was a R600, but I have no clue on what bikes are. I just figued that most run under 10 sec 1/4 mile. I know I lost both times, but I am very happy that I could hang with a bike.

Nick

Damn Nick.....i must say....you have posted more kills here in the past couple days than I will probably ever have!!! haha....all of em are nice kills....:D

BE SAFE OUT THERE

Chuck

It is weird. Sometimes everyone wants a pice. Then there are streaks when absolutly no one is around. Just gettin it while its good before it goes quiet again.

Nick

can never find a race...

I figure it's just a turbo Buick thing, but it sure seems like whenever I've got the GN running pretty good I can't find any action. However, when I'm out diagnosing a major problem or breaking in a new part (trans., bearings, etc.) they friggin' come out of the woodwork! Like sharks who got the scent of blood in the water - they show up and start circling the wounded beast!

And another thing I never could understand - a buddy with another GN used to live about five minutes from me. He could back his GN out of the garage and practically have guys in Mustangs or F-bodies lined up at the end of his street waiting to race him and he'd have someone throw revs at him at almost every light. We could go put his car in the garage and go get my GN and *poof!*....not a race to be found!!! Never could understand it. :p

I figure it's just a turbo Buick thing, but it sure seems like whenever I've got the GN running pretty good I can't find any action. However, when I'm out diagnosing a major problem or breaking in a new part (trans., bearings, etc.) they friggin' come out of the woodwork! Like sharks who got the scent of blood in the water - they show up and start circling the wounded beast!

SAME with me, I havn't had one race yet in my car after five months. Then it starts to run like crap and slower than and everyone and their brother wants to race.

Roll together, see who has enough balls to run both of you. "I lost to a pair of evil Buicks" - the other guy.

Nick

Heck Nick, you have posted more kills this week than I'll have in a year (if I don't count the Mustangs VWs and Ricers I get lined up with at the track).

Its a busy week. All this happens when I have the Buick, never with the STi. I wanna start whoopin on people with the little 4 cyl.

Nick

Originally posted by 85 TR
r6's can run a high 11 with a good rider most run low 12's

What??? I don't think that is right. I have a 03 gixxer 600 ,and I went 11.20 at the track ,and I cannot ride ,so I think 600's are a little faster than low 12 second bikes ,and as far as him beating that bike. After the guy lost to a car from a roll he should have jumped of the bike ,and threw it in the garbage.

my GSXR 600 runs 11.11 - 11.20s depending on how well i can get it to launch, with only a K&N filter, most mags put them at 11.08 depending on year, a 750GIXXER will go mid 10s, these are "Sookies" for the record, not an R6 which is Yamaha

I've got a buddy that has gone 10.86 on his R6. It has a few bolt ons and he only weighs 120 or so.

Just to clarify I lost the race. The other night one of my buddies that was with me that night was in my car again (STi). A bike on the highway kept begging me to get my a$$ handed to my by him and I kept staying away. I will keep my pride with the slow loss with the GN. Anyone know what the suzuk runs the 1/4 stock?

Nick

Most are good for mid low 11s. If you get a really skinny person that really knows what they are doing they might break into the 10s. I've seen a group of them run 11.5s all day long.

i only posted the times i have seen at the track but i have seen alot of 600's only run low 12's there is a huge variable thought, the rider ive just never seen a 600 at the track run 11's, im also not out every night ?

Somehow I corraled a pack of 3 on my way home last night (2 lane highway) in the STi. My buddie kept sayin "jump it" and eggin me on. But I didn't. I hit my blinker and pull to the shoulder to give them room to pass while I turn onto my road. They all punch it and one dude did a wheelie through the intersection. :D :D I always love to watch wheelies.

Nick

Originally posted by 85 TR
i only posted the times i have seen at the track but i have seen alot of 600's only run low 12's there is a huge variable thought, the rider ive just never seen a 600 at the track run 11's, im also not out every night ?
\\

I am not at the track every night either ,but I know better than that. Have you ever riden a bike before? I can see someone running low 12's if they shifts the bike at 7,000rpm every gear ,but my bike does not really pull until 9,000. A decent rider should get most 600's in the 11's easily.

Back