You can type here any text you want

CS II Speaker Baskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hawkfan

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I got tired of the 3.5 and 6x9 setup I had, so I got some CSII lower door panels and speaker baskets. I cut off the back of the baskets to allow room for my speaker's magnets, but the cutout diameter of the baskets is too small. My speakers stick out about a 1/4". It's obvious I'm going to have to make my own brackets in place of the stock stuff. Has anybody else had to make custom brackets? Any pics or ideas would be appreciated. I have an idea of how to make something that will work, but I'd figured I should ask in case there are some better ideas out there.

You do know that the doors had a gawd aweful looking cut out to accomodate the CS speakers' depth.

You do know that the doors had a gawd aweful looking cut out to accomodate the CS speakers' depth.
Yep. I used a 3.5" hole saw to make a nice clean hole for the magnet. I also am using pretty slim components (JBL MS52c) so depth isn't the problem. The mids just won't fit in the baskets because hte diameter is too narrow.

Decided to hit the 'EASY' button and just get some lower door panels from gbodyparts.

Back