You can type here any text you want

Custom IC installed...

• Thread starter Thread starter TTA977b
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
T

TTA977b

We finally installed the IC, Chip , 60# inj , PP and plugs etc...

Took 5 hours to install the IC. Some fabrication had to done. The IC and Shroud had to come down 3 times to ensure proper installation.

Overall I am very pleased, however it does sit low. Almost 4 inches from the ground. I did not scrape at all but I was very careful. It's about 3 inches or so lower than stock.

Performance was better than I thought. Definitely spooled way faster. Sounds a little different when I mash it. I only have my boost set at 14# for now. Temp. was very good. Everything is going better than I expected. Next comes the alky.

Car really idles nice. Better than the stock inj. I am taking out tonight again. So I will post some info. Thanks guys. Joe

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 347
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 345
See the marks on your spoiler?
Do that again and you will trash the scoop and maybe the intercooler!
You can modify the stock scoop to work just as well.

Steve K.

See the marks on your spoiler?
Do that again and you will trash the scoop and maybe the intercooler!
You can modify the stock scoop to work just as well.

Steve K.

Yes he will need to be more careful, yes it is somewhat vulnerable, but it sure looks to me like it will work better for scooping air than the stock scoop.

I really like the look Joe. I'm anxious to see what performance gains you get once the boost is cranked up!

Thumbs up for a cool intercooler!

Eric

This weekend..

Phil and I and going to try to raise it. We believe it can be modified and raise about 2 inches. We are not done yet. I still have to seal off both sides. Should look awesome after this weekend. Will post more pics.

I took it out earlier today. I had the boost set at 14lbs and when I mashed it at a dig, boost instantly shot up to 19lbs's. NO KNOCK !!! 5 lbs! Definite seat of your pants experience.

All together I added the TT Race chip, 112 Sunoco Leaded (5 gallons/10 gallon 93 octane. , Bellmouthed the IC, Power Plate and Inj. Timing on the Race chip is 24 degrees in 1st , 22 in 2nd and the TC locks in 76 mph retarding the timing 1.8 - 2.0 degrees.

I need to do a lot more tuning. Back at square one like last year.. Joe

Raised the scoop...

Raised the shroud almost 2 inches. Looks much better and no scrapes. I still have some more slight mods for the completion.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 197
It looks great but it is LOW. The streets here in Austin would chew it up in no time. Keep us posted on your performance gains with it.

It looks great but it is LOW. The streets here in Austin would chew it up in no time. Keep us posted on your performance gains with it.

I had to raise the scoop (will post new pics). Scoop is even with the ABS spoiler underneath the car. Fits perfectly and sits right between the cutout on the spoiler. Looks worlds better.

Cruised over railroad tracks, speed bump.... and NO scrapes. What a relief!

Do you have any pictures of it off the car?? Scoop looks sick!!!! Im gathering ideas to make one for my Firebird too

Back