You can type here any text you want

Cut Stock Coil Springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

incharge

OK I Cut my factory front coil springs 1 full coil off and put every thing back together and it lowered the car 1 3/4 inch but the car rides like s**t :mad: way to stiff , but looks great, how do I keep the look with a softer factory ride ??? I was thinking that I could find a set of old worn out G body springs in the junk yard any ideas ????

Make sure it isn't "stiff" because the bumpstops are impacting.

Cutting a coil should not have changed the rate of the spring, but it will make the suspension more prone to bottoming.

cut the bump stops....

One of two things is happening.

1. The suspension is bottomed out on the bump stop. Cut the bump stop in half or remove it all together. This will allow the suspension to move. GO to your local parts store and buy a shorter one if you want. They usually have urethane ones that are round with a threaded stud.

2. The stock shocks are bottomed out. Remove the shocks and drive down the road and see if that fixes the stiffness. If it does, you will need to get drop shocks, the ones for an s-10 should work $30 bucks each.

lower=firmer...

The shorter springs are going to ride a little stiffer as your suspension has less travel. Removing the bumpstops will help by adding about 3/4 inch travel.

The best way to maintain ride quality and go low is air bags. The brackets can be bought on ebay for 65.00 and the bags cost about 65.00 each. Figure 150 for a compressor and another 150 for lines and valves.

post a pic and let's see how it looks.

Back