You can type here any text you want

DataLog file for Crankcase Vacuum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

Alright, so i will be the guinnie pig for this logging of crankcase vacuum.

I am running a LT1 smog pump that goes through a puke tanks first. I activate it at around 3psi.

I am running a 2 bar map sensor and i have calibrated the analog values properly. I pulled up the datalog file and i looked at the crankcase vacuum log and the numbers just didn't seem right.

If some people could take a look at the file and let me know what's going on. The numbers just seem really low (super high vacuum) which we all know is impossible for the LT1 pump.

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Attachments

Also could someone comment on my timing? I was speaking to a friend and told him about how erratic it looks and this doesn't seem like it should be like that.

Adrian,
You will have to decide what units you want the vacuum pump to display in. If you use inHG like most vacuum gauges and a 2 bar MAP sensor, try using:
Sensor Gain: -12.0
Sensor Offset: 30
Sensor High: 30
Sensor Low -30
Decimal Places: 0

This will display the vacuum as a positive number with the higher the number the greater the vacuum. The downside is, if you see pressure it would be a negative number.

Perhaps your timing is acting that way because of the ESC. Please email me your .gct file so I can take a look.

Hey Cal,

I was using 0 as my sensor low value and not -30. I wonder what that will change?

Emailing you the .gct file right now,

WSLN 6,
i am taking the reading from the passenger side valve cover and i am pulling from the front of the drivers side cover.

Adrian

The 0 won't change anything. I am leaning towards your ESC causing the erratic timing.

I am pretty certain it's the ESC causing your timing to appear the way it does. If you look at the 2nd gear log. The timing is going down in 3 degree jumps and rising in 1.5 degree jumps which is the same as your ESC attack/decay rates.

What would be casuing my knock sensor to be going off if my actual vs target A/F is very close escpecially with such low boost and cool air temps?

i will run it today with the knock sensor datalogged today and let you know what happened.

Okay here are two pulls nearly back to back.

In the first photo, it appears that with the smog pump ON i am pulling a constant 9 inHg at once the thing has turned on and started pumping.

in the second photo, with the smog pump OFF i only get 6 inHg regardless of boost levels.

I guess i can conclude that The smog pump is capable of pulling 3inHg in a typical setup.

Hopefully this info will be helpful to others who have often wondered if it is really worth running one.

** As a side note, in speaking with Jason Cramer from RJC He also stated that he pulls around 2inHg with his smog pump setup.

As for my knock, I don't have the slightest clue.

Adrian

Attachments

• Crankcase ON (Large).jpg
    Crankcase ON (Large).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Crankcase OFF (Large).jpg
    Crankcase OFF (Large).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 91
Back