You can type here any text you want

Date with a 996 GT2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
I hope this is not a jynx but I will be taking my GN to S Fla and racing my friend in his new 996 GT2.. The car from what I have been told is awd pulls like a mutha, and runs 12.1 according to Road and Track.. The plus side of this it will be video'd. And I cannot wait to get the expression on his face when i (hopefully) am knocking on his door or better, he is knowckin on mine. So I hope I do well.. Ala and the winds willing.. ;)

I will post the video that weekend (3/8). Any of you in S fla are welcome to join the fun.. In Boca.

~A

-------------------------------
87 GN - Balanced and BP, forged pistons, Art Carr Tranny, /Kenne Bell 70mm TB and Plenum, 009's, FM IC, Bunch of Headwork, Stage I turbo, among other things.. Est 11's...

:confused:

Good Luck:D
Yeah, I've heard the same thing about the GT2's, they sound like tough cars.

It is more a slap to his ego.. If I could even stay within 1 - 2 car lengths he would go nuts.. As he loves to flash his toys.. I really do not expect to win since he has nothing but traction but it will be fun just the same..

Chances are he will not drive the car to its fullest potential. He may run a mid-high 12 against you. It's up to you to drive your car to its potential. I think you've got a good chance.

Dont go halfway. go BALLS OUT!

That means C16, slicks, race chip, everything. Then dont be surprised if you run him down. Cut a good light and you can beat him without running a better ET:cool:

How bad do I wish I was in south Florida that weekend? DAMN

This is gonna be fun. Cant wait to see the video.
Nick

That's true, but there is also an option, wich gives you the AWD and all the performance mods of the GT2. This guy in North Jersey has one. I forget the option code though. Their is some special name for it. Very rare though. This guy most likeley has a regular twin turbo 996.
Anyway, it doesnt matter that much. This should be fun.

It is the AWD version.. Like a 20-30k option. or something..

I will post all the granular details once I get them.

my friend works for a porche dealership and he hasnt driven a gt2, but he said its a garage queen. it sits so low to the ground that a small bump in the road would finish it.

That doesn’t mean it isn’t fast. My brother has a full group N race suspension on his 89 BMW M3, its hard as a rock. He still drives it everyday. German race suspensions are made to take the abuse they don’t break that easily. They are engineered correctly. I'm not trying to say they are unbreakable, but they are far superior than any American suspension.

Nick

i dont contest the power at all. i wouldn't line up with one of those bad boys. and if i did, i would expect to lose and be happy if i won. i would love to have one, but not for 185 large!

When you have that much money to spend on a car i guess it dosnt really matter. hahahha;)

MY BAD> I am not a porsche enthusiast and must of interpreted it wrong.. It is not a GT2 But a bad mofo just the same.. Sorry about the confusion.....& Gracias BOOSTN

--------

Original Email
----------------
Didnt you say that Carlos's gt2 was awd?
--------------------------------------------

Email reply:

No, his is not a GT2 but it’s close. He has a twin turbo with the X50 package, which bumps the power up to a very underrated 450hp- up from the standard 415hp. Recent comparisons have his car beating the Murcielago (and 99.99% of production cars) in acceleration tests to 100mph, 150mph and 175mph. Top speed is in the neighborhood of 195mph.

OK that package makes it a contender, however, because the Porsche has traction control on ALL THE TIME you should have a definite advantage. Most of the AWD turbo cars run low 12s although a good driver can get 11s.

You can get the gt2 upgrades with the AWD. I can give Garry Bossert a call and ask him for the exact specs if you like. He has one.

Back