Decision Time

Keep yours nice and go get a junker to beat on like I did. I real nice car like yours running 11.50 on pump gas is more than enough. Go get a crappy one and build as you want.

Jason

If you keep your car, cage it. If you plan on selling later for somthing else, dont. Simple as that. You enjoy running faster and faster with your car.....It will never end. I think 11.3's are gay now:D

Bo

I'll be making my own line of removable/velcro/stealth/PVC roll bar. Ohh.. and the padding..

I need to get the belts, go to home depot, and some black paint.

:D

Should I make the swingouts :D

I would spend the $$$ an go with a nice "clean" cage !!! Remember its YOUR butt in there if ya have an "incident" . Dont bother doin another beater car to chop up !!! Takes to much time and $$$$ !! :cool: If ya have a cage maybe I can show ya how to put it in da 10's :p :D

Geez, just the thought of putting a roll cage in a 31k mile TTA makes me ill. :( Just run at the 1/8th mile track. Buy a high mile beater if you wanna make a caged race car, then you can chop it up at will without the guilt.

I cut the trunk out of my car! I had to make a new trunk/ well area to fit a certain sized pair of fuel cells in for my liquid IC. Now I will admitt that I should have just went to the next sized down fuel cells, but I didn't want to dish out another $300. So I guess I'm cheap and retarded. I only paid 7k for my car and when I bought it, it really wasn't a beater. It was a higher mileage car with some lite spyder cracking in the paint and a small rip in the drivers seat. From 10' away the car looked great.

Jason

I´d really like to see some close-up´s of caged TTA`s. I´m putting a cage in my 38k TTA. Looking for atleast 10.8x this year (Ulf believes I´ll go lower).

Thats one second improvement... Yeah I think you will do it Lunkan. Your car was not at all tuned with for example fuel pressure... You know that is very important for our cars!

And with your broadband o2 and EGT you will have all information to choose a good tune for you car, so I think it will be securely in the 10:th. Shall be intresting with the TH400 to... People says it picks up tenths from a 200-4R in most cases.

Daniel

Originally posted by GMC-YA
Well when they say "proper safety equipment, do they mean everything you need to run 10s or just a cage.

http://www.nhra.com/tech_specs/ETQuickRef.html

Theres a lot more you need to run tens than just a cage, are you willing to do all of that. I would hate for you to cage it only for them to say, not good enough!

hmmm good point !!!.. Julio I have some axle decals ya can slap on :p