You can type here any text you want

Delayed Braking - What needs fixing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CombatComProg

When I press the brake on my GN, there feels like a one or two second delay before brakes kick in. Could it be a problem with brake fluid level, powermaster, anything? I know nothing about brakes. Thanks!

I'm having the same problem with my brakes (87 GN). Question, does the brake light come on and is the pedal hard at first application and then normal after that? The powerbrakes on the GNs are notorious for breaking down.

Accumulator is shot and the pump has to create the pressure to stop your car, I would park that thing until you get a new accumulator.

Ask me why I know . . . it is terrifying to be in a panic stop situation rolling quickly toward the need to stop while waiting for your Powermaster to build up pressure to apply effective braking.

Parked the car bought the Tee shirt and got the accumulator before moving it again.

Been there too and its not fun especially on the highway. While you are at it get some stainless steel braided brake lines. That will stiffen the pedal feel and wont expand like those rubbers. Just a note since its a cheap upgrade.

Back