You can type here any text you want

Delayed starting of the WBO2?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rickerbucks

I still have the car on blocks right now but when I start the car, it seems to take about 5 - 8 mins of ideling to get the WB to work. Until then it stats stuck at 15.94.

During this warm, up the only way I can get the AFR to move is to REALLY bring up the VE numbers up - to about 100 - but once it warms up and the car is ideling a little better I can have the VE numbers in the 50's and get the 13.5 - 14 AFR that I want.

I do NOT have the "closed loop enabled" box ticked.

Is the AFR not suppose to start when I start the care? Perhaps I have the start up table to lean? How do I change that?

The car still needs my help with the throttle to keep it running for the first 2 mins or so.

The Sensor has to come up to temperature before it will give accurate readings.

There are two settings in Calcom for this- one is a time setting (how long after the engine starts before it will enter closed-loop) and the other is a temperature setting (based on the CTS).

Before it warms up fully, however, you should still get kinda-sorta close readings from the O2.

Sounds like you don't have enough warm-up enrichment, but something else seems awry- you shouldn't need VE numbers in the 100 region...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

It should really only take 30 seconds or so from stone cold to get a stable a/f reading. The VE numbers should be calibrated with the engine fully warmed up, and if it's too lean when it's cold, add warm-up enrichment.

Back