You can type here any text you want

Denso plug???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
Today I had a lil time so I wanted to check my plugs which should be cool they have less than 1000 miles on them. But I've been having a misfire for a while I can't track done. My #2 plug was a denso the rest are ac like I installed, looks like the shop changed my plug and didn't say a thing could this be causing the miss and knock under boost? Should I change all the plugs or just the denso one the shop put in? Any help is greatly appreciated

It could be caused by the plug depending on the heat range and type of plug. I would just throw a fresh set of plugs on it. 20 minutes and 20 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 86 Grand National. Piston 2 is knocking, still runs. Need a mechanic in the Tampa Bay Area.

I have a 86 Grand National. Piston 2 is knocking, still runs. Need a mechanic in the Tampa Bay Area.
Knock as in Knock Retard or metal on metal knock? If I'm not mistaken there are a few trusted mechanics in the Tamp area. Julio Don, Don Cruz, maybe more.

Knock as in Knock Retard or metal on metal knock? If I'm not mistaken there are a few trusted mechanics in the Tamp area. Julio Don, Don Cruz, maybe more.

Metal on metal. Looking to fix and sell. All original, 42k miles.

Today I had a lil time so I wanted to check my plugs which should be cool they have less than 1000 miles on them. But I've been having a misfire for a while I can't track done. My #2 plug was a denso the rest are ac like I installed, looks like the shop changed my plug and didn't say a thing could this be causing the miss and knock under boost? Should I change all the plugs or just the denso one the shop put in? Any help is greatly appreciated

FWIW to get the thread back to you. I have a full set of Densos and no complaints ...

Back in the late 80's I changed the plugs on my 86 GN . After the change my car would break up a little at WOT , so since it was under warranty I took it to the dealer and explained the problem and what I had done. After 2 days they tell me they don't know what's wrong . Being that I'm a GM employee I threatened to call the Zone office ( which they hate to hear ) and then I got their attention . The service manager said lets start from scratch . He said " I know you changed the plugs but we're going to change them again and go from there " . The next day all fixed . He told me one of the plugs in the box of 6 was different by a letter designation on the plug and he showed me the set I put in . Moral of the story , replace them all , and all the same . (y) Sam

Last edited:
Back in the late 80's I changed the plugs on my 86 GN . After the change my car would break up a little at WOT , so since it was under warranty I took it to the dealer and explained the problem and what I had done. After 2 days they tell me they don't know what's wrong . Being that I'm a GM employee I threatened to call the Zone office ( which they hate to hear ) and then I got their attention . The service manager said lets start from scratch . He said " I know you changed the plugs but we're going to change them again and go from there " . The next day all fixed . He told me one of the plugs in the box of 6 was different by a letter designation on the plug and he showed me the set I put in . Moral of the story , replace them all , and all the same . (y) Sam
Good info, thanks

FWIW to get the thread back to you. I have a full set of Densos and no complaints ...
Yea I'll probably just throw a fresh set in, the guys at that shop only changed one and its denso the rest are AC. I've been dealing with this shop since I was 16 never had issues with them, kinda hard to believe that they could drop the ball like this. I will post results asap

Back