You can type here any text you want

DFI Gen VI help needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slowpoke

I have a DFI gen 6 running a SBF..Yah I know....But noone with a stang runs this system much anymore so I NEED HELP!

A few years back I did a swap..Took the turbo motor out of a stang and put it in a fox bodied cougar...Did stuff here and there for the past few years..And now I'm ready to finish her up..However I have some issues..

#1My downtube has no 02 sensor bung. EIther does my exhaust from the stang. The car was originally tuned by Turbo People...Can you bypass the 02 sensor function and why?..I have the harness and 02 in a box..Im lost here

#2 The knock sensor.....Gm style...Where does the pink and purple wire go?

I appreciate any help you guys can give me:O)

Here is a pic I took a few months ago after a few years of sitting..I was taking it apart

turbo

Here is a pic I took last month..lil shinier..Motors done now..Need to take some more pics

now.jpg

Yes, the stock style O2 can be eliminated. I would suspect the stock O2 was eliminated because the car was tuned with a WBO2 initially.

I am going by memory here, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The purple w/pink knock wire goes to a GM knock module which has 3 additional wires coming out of it. The pink w/black wire goes to switched power, the black w/white wire goes to ground, and the yellow wire to goes to a MATCHING knock sensor. I would recommend going to a salvage yard and getting the module and sensor off of a late 80's GM car.

Thanks...I should have been a bit more complete here.

I have the knock sensor and modual alreayd installed. It was in teh mustang before I took it out. It is all hooked up minus the pink and purple wire which I assume goes into an MSD or sim type ignition. But I have no Idea. Its been awhile and I just cant remeber. Being I didnt tune the car or install the original system I have no idea.

I kinda figured about the 02 but I wasnt sure. Ill weld in a bung on teh new downpipe being I have a wideband in my other car I can transfer over to play with and see whats going on.

Any ideas about that purple and pink wire will eb greatly appreciated!!

Back