Did I buy a bad fuel pump ???

justin7t

The problem started when my car suddently became hard to start after sitting for 2hours. It takes 7 seconds of cranking the ignition for fuel pressure come on and read on my fuel gauge and start. After it starts I have no problem with it starting right back up unless it sits for a while and FP drops to 0. So I was thinking it was the check valve. So i bought a walbro 340 from poston installed it and I still have the same problem ??I got a new fuel fillter but the problem is still there ??COULD MY FP REGULATOR BE CAUSING THIS ????????? I HOPE IT IS NOT A LEAKY INJECTOR !!!!!WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

Fuel pump relay.

The car has a backup with the oil pressure sensor that will close the circuit only after the car has a few psi of oil pressure. It takes a while to get oil pressure at starting rpm especialy when it sits for a bit.

Thanks I will look into it also my fuel pressure gauge was leaking because it needed to be tightend but it was leaking a light film of oil.

mine did the same thing... change the oil pressure sensor on the left side of your block where your turbo oil feed line comes out...it wont let your car start unless it senses oil pressure and if it is shot maybe it isn't registering correctly..

That's totally new to me. I've troubleshot many no start situations on thest cars, and that never came up. That's what Iove about these boards, you can learn something every day.