You can type here any text you want

Did it at Reynolds.. Top Spot Please..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member

Race Weight with driver on certified scale 3850 :eek:

Had a few other runs.. one woulda/coulda/etc.. here's the slip

Shifted into N by mistake going into OD.. so had to let out.. On Sat had another 132 run..less 60 foot.. had a great time.. bunch of runs.. need to work on putting the car on a diet if I plan on running into the 9's with it... The above runs were done on 93 octane fuel, methanol injection, and no nitrous assist.

Whats the HP for a 3850 lb car at 132 MPH? :biggrin:

Here's the buildup.. on pump gas w/methanol injection on Nov4th, 2005

Details of the run:
60' - 1.539
330' - 4.370
1/8 - 6.757
MPH - 102.96
1000' - 8.815
1/4 - 10.550
MPH - 132.22

Best 1/4 MPH to date:132.22
Best 1/8 MPH to date:103.18

My TTA
EMPTY WEIGHT:3600(3850 w/driver)
BLOCK:stock w/girdle
HEADS: Champion ported stock tta
Cam: Comp 221/221
INTAKE: Stock Champion ported
HEADERS: Stock Champion ported
IGNITION: MSD Dis4
PCV: AHW machine billet catch can
TRANSMISSION:2004r w/ PTS Bat Brake
DRIVESHAFT: Denny's 4 inch aluminum
TORQUE CONVERTER:Pro Torque 9" non lockup
DIFFERENTIAL:Currie 9 inch Ford 3.25 gears w/disc brakes
TQ ARM: Random Tech Adjustable
INTERCOOLER:CAS V2
THROTTLE BODY:Accufab 70mm
RJC POWER PLATE:No
INJECTORS:75#
THERMOSTAT:160
TURBOCHARGER:TE67 P trim
VALVE SPRINGS:LS1
MAF:none
DOWN PIPE:Terry Houston
EXHAUST: Dynomax(but had cutout opened on this run)
CUTOUT: DMH Electric
FUEL PUMP:Walbro 307
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR:Billet
FUEL PRESSURE:45psi
ALCHOHOL INJECTION:Yes, twin nozzle
PROPAIN INJECTION:nope
NITROUS:nope.. not yet
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:4inch chrome MAF pipe and 9" K&N
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE:255/50 16 MT Drag radial @ 15psi hot
AIR BAG(s):none
SCAN TOOL:Audible knock, EGT
FUEL:Chevron 93
CHIP:-Aftermarket ECM- FAST
CHIP TIMING:23*
KNOCK RETARD:0*
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE: WB 11.2-11.3:1 AFR
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:1612
Intake Air Temp: 65 Degree's through traps
TRACK ELEVATION:Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds GA
TEMPERATURE:65 degrees
PEAK BOOST:27psi
BOOST AT LAUNCH:4psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:17K approximate

Top Gun

Hi Razor,
Another fine run. I am really enjoying hearing of your success in running our fine cars. Eat up a Mustang or two for me, huh? Come on 10.5s!
Dale

Steve thanks.. your number has been my target for a while now.. Thanks for having put it up... always love to set a goal.. The track was fast..conditions were rite to turn the wick up..

Dale.. have been eating quite a few..

Those Buick guys see a 30 MPH pickup and say.. "You got the aerodynamics".. tee hee heee :wink:

razors edge

WOW :eek: Congrats boss! Your officially my 2nd hero :D Now that your past the 132 mark please let the old girl rest so the gray car can get into the 12's :o

Congrats again to the MAN. That car is A P.I.G!! I wonder what mine weighs in at? I ran my stock unopened longblock TTA at Reynolds as well. Correct me if Im wrong but I believe I have the fastest TTA with a stock unopened Long Block.

121 mph (Did run 124 during the weekend)
96.6 mph

This is on a TE62 as well. Will post a mod list shortly to post in the FAQS section.

Thanks
Rob Hinson

Razor said:
Steve thanks.. your number has been my target for a while now.. Thanks for having put it up... always love to set a goal.. The track was fast..conditions were rite to turn the wick up..

No problem :wink: Wish I could keep up but seems my little 64 is out of steam no matter how much boost 10.7 @ 125 is all it does, maybe next year.

Congrats again :) :thumbsup:

Steve

I ran the same identical turbo till last week.. it now has a 67 with the P trim wheel and ar70 cover. Same boost levels it picked up.. I sent a dud 52 and had Limit change it into the 67.

And its a cheap turbo in the scheme of things. Spools as fast as the 64 that was in there. That 10.55 run I was .009 of the lite. :wink:

Solid 60'
Car runs damn hard between the 60' and 1/8th mile (6.75 @ 103)
Car runs the second half of the track in about 3.8 seconds
132 mph out the back door!

Thats an oustanding run start to finish and a serious accomplishment with a drag radial / pump gas combo. Excellent job man!

Those f'n GN guys are nuts saying our cars are light. My TTA scaled in at 3565 w/o me in it. So mine sits right about 3755 with me in it.

The question for you should now be Nitrous or Slim Fast? :D

Excellent job man: Jason

postal said:
Solid 60'
Car runs damn hard between the 60' and 1/8th mile (6.75 @ 103)
Car runs the second half of the track in about 3.8 seconds
132 mph out the back door!

Thats an oustanding run start to finish and a serious accomplishment with a drag radial / pump gas combo. Excellent job man!

Those f'n GN guys are nuts saying our cars are light. My TTA scaled in at 3565 w/o me in it. So mine sits right about 3755 with me in it.

The question for you should now be Nitrous or Slim Fast? :D

Excellent job man: Jason
Changing the tag to FRT TRN (Freight Train) :biggrin:

Guy at TBS is saying that the TTA is 160 lbs lighter than a GN.. :rolleyes:

Congrats Julio! Now put the hose to that bitch already and put it in the 9's :biggrin: ;)

Razor said:
Wonder how much is that flywheel? About 840ish? :eek: Non lock converter and 9 inch rear..

And its on stock TTA pistons... buwahahahaa :biggrin: .. These are the baddest motors in the land...

Most calculators use a 20% drivetrain loss...so yeah your looking at ~833.46hp at the flywheel :cool:

100 shot should definitely put you in the 9's (794 rwhp @ 3850 lb should net a 9.85 ET)

Here's some decent calculators...

http://www.smokemup.com/auto_math/index.php

http://www.mindspring.com/~steveflyer/engine.htm#Calculators

http://yarchive.net/car/horsepower_measure.html

http://www.tuner-world.com/calculators.html

I always found the weight differences odd, like your car at 3850 raceweight and Postals at 3755. My old stock TTA with 1/2 tank of gas weighed in at 3606 raceweight, +/- 5lbs and that was a three different tracks. That was with me, 250lbs at the time, and my tools in the hatch. Came in at 3290 with me and the tools out at Buicks@Bristol back in 2000.

Just throwing another weight into the mix, dont feel so bad about my GTA being 3650 anymore :)

Steve

86brick said:
Congrats Julio! Now put the hose to that bitch already and put it in the 9's :biggrin: ;)

Think stock cast pistons will take an additional 100 shot :eek:

Problem is i'm gonna get slack.. "You cheated and sprayed it..." :rolleyes:

I'll see.. need to do some tuning on it..and a small diet.. Dec 19th.. should be ready.. barring any issues while "testing" :biggrin:

Razor said:
Think stock cast pistons will take an additional 100 shot :eek:

Problem is i'm gonna get slack.. "You cheated and sprayed it..." :rolleyes:

I'll see.. need to do some tuning on it..and a small diet.. Dec 19th.. should be ready.. barring any issues while "testing" :biggrin:

You'll find out! ;) Seriously I don't think you need that big of a shot to get there.. I guess some guys would probably give you slack and say you cheated, but honestly a 9 sec pass is a 9 sec pass and IMO it doesn't matter how you get it done!

Maybe my bro will run ya with his Butang... It's a little bit lighter than your car though.. 2605lbs w/ out driver (should weigh about 2800nchange with him in it), has a glide, etc... :biggrin: :cool:

I dunno, my car is no where near yours Razor, and I truly respect your tuning ability, but to me nitrous is for Mustangs and Ls1 etc. These turbo cars have always been different and with nitrous I feel it would be like the others. To each there own. BTW, December 19th is a good sounding day as it's my b-day.

Think stock cast pistons will take an additional 100 shot

I know a guy who designed his own electronic fuel injection, and on and on this dude makes really smart people look stupid. Anyway he's been messing with turbo buicks for a long time and he said he's never seen a stock piston get messed up. He said they are really strong. Maybe stockers are long gone before 99.99% of the high HP guys get there. Hell I personally have no idea but this guy told me they are as strong as anything we can buy to replace them and actually stonger than most..... you first!

Problem is i'm gonna get slack.. "You cheated and sprayed it..."

F#CK 'EM, " I wouild have kicked your ass if..." BLAH BLAH BLAH... Some people like mesing with thier cars and trying to go fast. If you're not runing in a heads up class with rules then who should have anything to say about how a guy builds up his car other than him? If you go 9's on a 109 block in a TTA with NOS then you can race all the guys who said not to do it for $1000 a race. Once you take all thier money you could build a second TTA and do that one thier way. Sounds fair to me! I started messing with alky on my GN 9 years ago. My buddies thought I was nuts because hardly no buick guys where running it back then. Now its popular and every damn one of them is running on thier cars. People like you stepping out side the box with your alky kit is why the performance level of our cars is where its at today. People used to actually brag about highly modded GN's running in the low 12's on pump gas. Hell I got alot of porting work on a buddies Gn and we did a shake down pass short shifting the motor and went 11.29 at 19 #'s with pump gas and alky two weeks ago. Shift her at 5800 to 6000 and she should go 11.0 @ 19#'s and you haven't even started getting into really utilizing the alky yet. Getting Higher amounts of hp out of these motors AND actually having the reliability increase at the same time is due to R and D and feed back from the guys willing to give things a try.

I always found the weight differences odd, like your car at 3850 raceweight and Postals at 3755. My old stock TTA with 1/2 tank of gas weighed in at 3606 raceweight, +/- 5lbs and that was a three different tracks. That was with me, 250lbs at the time, and my tools in the hatch. Came in at 3290 with me and the tools out at Buicks@Bristol back in 2000.

My buddies GN right behind me weighed less with him in it than my TTA weighed w/o me. I was just reading up on some of the different laws of physics about an hour ago. One of them states that with a given force applied the acceleration of an object is inversely proportional to a change in its mass. I believe because the say "proportional" that would mean 10 % less mass would net a 10 % increase in acccelleration. That does not factor areodynamics or any other form of drag.

Jason

Back